Chapter 67 - Celebrating

Sara's POV

We still hadn't grasped the fact we had won - and that Veronique and Eleanor would get what they had deserved.

We stared at each other as we got home. Then we threw ourselves into each other's arms. "Michael!", I cried happily and Michael beamed at me.

"Basti finally got some closure!", Michael picked me up and swirled me around.

"Eleanor is getting the help she needs!", I cried happily.

"We are safe again!", Michael beamed.

"Veronique is finally punished for making your life so hard!", I kissed him.

"Eleanor will never ruin anything of mine anymore!", Michael kissed me back.

He slowly put me down onto my feet again, but we didn't let go of each other yet. I traced his muscular arms. "This screams for some champagne, wouldn't you say?"

Michael gave me a peck on the lips. "You get us some snacks. I'll go get the champagne."

And so we toasted to our prosperous future. No fears, no past that haunted us, no more bugging, fearing for your safety, nothing that would interrupt us anymore.

We could live freely. We could move freely. We didn't need to look over our shoulders anymore.

Michael and I spent a long time on that couch, both of us thinking and talking about the weight that had been removed of our shoulders.

Basti had gotten avenged. Veronique and Eleanor paid for their wrong-doings. Eleanor got the help she had needed for such a long time. We could be with each other and nobody wanted to separate us anymore.

Life was beyond great right now.

"We should celebrate with the others next week. On Saturday, at our typical bar", Michael proposed after he had kissed me for the n-th time this night. His kisses had never been this light and happy.

I hummed through my swollen lips and got another kiss from my fiance.

"But no black dress", Michael said and I had to laugh. "For my eyes only!"

A week later

July 22nd

Michael's POV

My mother's and Eleanor's journey had reached an end.

On July 21st they had been prosecuted.

We didn't need to be called in - our order of protection hearing had been recorded and used as evidence in court. Lucas had said they were the easiest hearings he had ever had. He had come in for each claim, representing the both of us, hadn't been inside for an hour for any of them, and had all of them convicted.

Eleanor was guilty of harassment of at least 5 people, emotional abuse, domestic violence against me and first-degree attempted murder.

The people she had hired had been ratted out by her, and the three men (I wish I had been there, they would have gotten a few fists into their faces) had been charged with attempted first-degree murder. They had been new to the ordeal, so they hadn't thankfully brought any objects to harm my Sara.

I looked over into the kitchen. She was humming as she made us lunch, all while I was reading the latest book she had gifted me. This woman was a real blessing. Giving me books, letting me massage her, letting me shower her in affection - I was so much lighter after mother got what she deserved. And I had told Sara that nothing would stop my affection to her now.