Chapter 78 - A moment of happiness

Michael's POV

I gripped the wheel and held my glance sternly on the road. "We are not getting two puppies", I raised my voice at her.

Sara pouted and turned herself away to the window.

The car ride immediately went silent. Even her legs weren't facing me anymore.

My fingers drummed on the wheel. I cursed loudly and made a u-turn.

"What are you?", Sara turned to me astonished.

"Shut up", I grumbled. "I'm doing this for you."

"We are getting them both!?", Sara squealed.

It was my turn now to be quiet. Sara threw herself at me the moment we stopped at a red light, hugging the breath out of me.

"I'm naming them though!", I sternly told her and she screamed 'yes!' multiple times.

The puppies wouldn't stand still the moment they spotted us again. We initially had wanted to adopt older dogs, but the shelter didn't have any German shepherds anymore, only smaller dogs had been left which neither of us wanted.

I picked up the golden retriever puppy while Sara played and kissed the German shepherd puppy.

"What are you going to name them!?", Sara beamed with motherly pride as she picked up the puppy around her legs

I raised the female golden retriever. "Ellie." A cute name for such a sunshine dog fitted just perfectly.

"Ellie!", Sara squealed, leaning over to kiss the puppy.

The energetic German shepherd caught a string of Sara's dangly top and pulled at it, throwing his head from side to side, playing with it.

"Hunter", I said after I pondered for a while.

Sara wouldn't let go of the puppies as I filled out the paperwork, played with them, kissed them, cuddled them. Ellie was content with staying still on Sara's legs, enjoying head scratches thoroughly, while Hunter would barely stand still in her arms.