Chapter 55 - Hide!

Sara's POV

The baby is coming.

The baby is coming?

I was frozen to the floor while Estelle was pocking my face.

Leon came into the living room, leaning against the door frame. "Time for another baby, baby?"

Rebecca started beaming, all nervousness gone. "Yup! Do you think we'll make it in time to the hospital?"

"I'll go get the bag. The baby has to stay put, she has no choice", Leon told us with a wink.

Marthe swooped inside the room. "Nonsense - Rebecca will give birth here! The nearest hospital is at least an hour away, no matter how fast you speed Leon!"

"What do you mean she'll give birth here!?!", I screeched.

"All the woman here do home births. I'll go get Agnes and Juliette, they are midwives!", Marthe sing-sang.

Victor stopped her. "Go get the bag Leon."

Leon saluted and rushed up the stairs. Rebecca went to her kids.

"Mummy and daddy are off to get Sara out the tummy."

"How will you do that?", Adrien asked.

"The doctor will do it", she brushed his hair back and kissed their foreheads. "Be good children and stay with the other while we are gone, alright?"

They nodded. Estelle didn't let go.

Rebecca looked to me and her face twisted for a split second. I started shaking. "A contraction", she smiled. "You are more nervous than I am about this, Sara."

"How will the doctor do it?", Adrien asked.

"He is skilled, he has his ways", Rebecca answered him. Leon appeared again and gave the kids a hug and a kiss.

"Let's go", he gave us a beaming smile. Excitedly they went to the car while we waved after them. Or at least the others did. I was still frozen in shock.

"Omg omg omg", I was walking now up and down, unable to think straight. "How did she stay so calm? Her water broke and she started having contractions! Will they make it to the hospital!? Is she save until then?! What if something happens?! What if-!?"

"Calm down", mum laughed. "It's their third baby, they know what they are doing."

"But but but!"

"There's no way we can calm her down", my father sighed, bopping Estelle up and down on his lap. "Michael do something."

"On it", Michael reassured loudly from the kitchen. Moments later English music sounded.

I ran over to turn it off but he caught my hand. "How can you listen to music now that Rebecca's in labour!?"

"What else can we do but wait? It will take hours until they return with their baby. They might not even return today for all we know."

Michael used my hand to draw me close into a hug. "All we can do is stay calm and show the babies there is no reason to worry about their absence. They are doing fine, they are just having their baby. They are all healthy and happy, remember?"

"The babies!", I gasped. "I didn't even think I was making them nervous!"

"They are easily scared, that's how children are. You need to show that tatie is happy and they'll be happy again", Michael reassured me, brushing my hair back with his thumb. "Tatie herself will be in Rebecca's spot one day after all."