Chapter 77 - Slow recovery

Sara's POV

At first, I blinked.

Then, unfamiliar faces appeared in a silhouette above me.

The harsh light made me close my eyes again.

Had the policemen turned on the light once they had found me?

Was I free again?

"Ms Basic?", the male voice asked, shaking my shoulder. "Are you awake Ms Basic?"

I nodded, my head gradually starting to hurt.

I weakly raised my arm, still disorientated where I was, who I was, what day and time it was?

With my hand, I shielded my eyes from the harsh light and slowly opened them.

Wait, I could move my hands?

"Where ... am I?", I coughed, my throat dry.

"In the hospital, Ms Basic. Your fiancé brought you here after you were held hostage", the man explained. I turned my head slightly to see his coat.

This was my doctor?

Another hand moved around my body. I turned to see the light rose outfit of the nurse.

I was in a hospital room ...?

But that means - I had been rescued! I had really seen Michael!

I jumped up; immediately their hands caught me.

It all came to me in a flash.

How I had been dragged out the house. How I had awoken bound to the chair. How Noah had tortured me. How Noah had wanted to kill me. How Michael and the two policemen had saved me.

Tears built up in my eyes and my body ached.

"My engagement ring!", I cried out. "Where's my ring!?"

Jolts of pain rushed through my body, and I wheezed through my pressed teeth.

I wanted to get up, but the doctor and nurse didn't let me.

"Where's Noah? Michael?! Michael!", I yelled.

"Ma'am, calm down!", the nurse pushed me back against my pillow. "You are save, you have nothing to worry about!"

I fought against their strong grips, struggling to get them away.

The door to my room opened, and Michael entered with this gaunt expression.

Immediately, my heart beat out of loop in joy.

I pushed their arms away and forced myself out of bed.

I nearly fell as I wanted to stand on my left leg, but caught the bed frame in time.

With the strength of my right leg, I catapulted myself forward into Michael's arms, oh so desperately wanting to be with him.

Michael caught me without a thought and a surprised expression.

"I was so scared!", I cried into his chest, my body shaking from the strain. I clung to him as if he were the source of my life.

Michael didn't move, as if he were frozen.

I pressed my arms tighter around him, ignoring the pain that was burning through my body, smiling even more through my tears. He had lost weight.

"You saved me", I sobbed. "I knew you would! I was hoping and praying you would - and you did!"

"You aren't mad at me?", Michael whispered, finally hugging me back.