Chapter 61 - House viewing

Sara's POV

Michael came over to tap me on my shoulder, tearing me out of my work. "Clock out."

"But it's only 5 pm!", I said baffled, turning away from the printer.

I recalled the time Michael had cornered me in one a few months ago and went slightly red.

"We have an appointment with our real estate agent in New Canaan", Michael reminded me. "And three houses to see."

He pinched my nose and grinned. "Next time I'll lift you up the wall again, I promise; but now we need to get a move on."

That got me moving. We had a long drive ahead of us too.

A middle aged woman awaited us by the address of the house, 148 Douglas Rd. She shook our hands with a smile. "Your schedule had me dealing with all the homeowners for an additional viewing period!"

"I apologize for the difficulties, Mrs Ruth", Michael said, then put his hand on my back. "Mrs Ruth, this is my fiancée, Sara Basic."

"Oh, from a Ms B to a Mrs B", she chirped and shook my hand. The blonde-haired and blue eyed estate agent was already alright in my books. "Should we get moving? We have a busy program ahead of us."

"Please", I said for the both of us.

"So, the house you see behind me is the first property you are viewing. This house is  exquisitely detailed and custom built. As you've noticed, it's situated off the beaten path with this beautiful landscaping, just what you searched for. The owners describe it as thoughtfully completed with the finest finishes, designer fixtures, it's characterized by generous proportions and sun-drenched interiors. With its white facade and light brown roof it just seems very inviting, doesn't it?"

We looked back to it.

It bore three levels and each level had at least 6 wide and inviting windows. The front of the door had an extended little roof with pillars supporting it, all in white. The roof could be described as beige now that I looked closely at it. Carefully planted bushes and trees gave the outside of the house an ideal touch. To the right of the house was a built-in garage too. The way to the white three-level house was paved and three stairs led to the front porch. Around the back, from what I could see, there was a big garden stretching out with a view on the next house.

Mrs Ruth approached the door and we followed her. Now that we approached the front door, I could see the front was supported by four white pillars. The door was made out of three big glass pieces and was in black. I have to admit, as we drove here it hadn't been quite pretty. You didn't see the front of the house when you drove up the street but rather the side of it, which was completely white and only showed one small window and some small part of the front along with the garage.

After unlocking the door, Mrs Ruth continued talking. "This house was cleverly designed for flexible functionality! The floor plan integrates both the indoor & outdoor living areas smoothly."

"What does the house offer?", Michael stared around. The entry area was sparse. Light wooden floors, one glass table to the side, a door that led somewhere and down the hallway a staircase and some chairs were visible.

"This exceptional home offers three finished levels with 5 bedrooms, 5 baths and, a private backyard with an oversized natural stone patio, outdoor fireplace, and proposed pool site. Over there you have a two story floating staircase and next to it,a glass-walled den or office."