Afterword

Hey ho! Thanks for reading 'Falling for my Boss'! I hope you liked the book as much as I loved writing it!

In this afterword, I'd like to post the source of my inspiration for this book, how I went on to writing it and a few memes that I had come across that I felt like suited M & S!

SO - THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THIS BOOK

I was watching some movie with Anne Hathaway and Simon Baker - I loved how the couple looked with the brown hair and blond hair. One of my favourite movies is the Devil wears Prada. Additionally I read a ton of boss love stories, one where a girl made coffee for the boss or something if I remember correctly, and the ideas just kept on forming in my head.

Now, in my head, the story was n o t h i n g like the book I released.

Michael should have, frankly, been an asshole. A cold asshole with a secret, a lady's man and quite rude to the female protagonist, our Sara. He wouldn't let her leave on Christmas as it wasn't a religious day for her, would make her work over the new year with him, etc etc. In my older/original version, the female protagonist exploded and left the company.

The boss then noticed how much he actually valued her work and made her come back - the female protagonist told him that if he acted that rudely to her, she would walk right back out the company. The female protagonist worked through several departments to avoid him. She would have to continuously prove herself to her boss, taking on too much work and suffering a lot because of it, but she would keep quiet to show she wasn't weak.

Then I went on to writing the first chapter - so far so good.

Then I wrote the second chapter - and Michael appeared. The moment the elevator doors opened, asshole Michael turned to sunshine Michael. He fell for Sara, he yearned for love, he had a hurtful past.

The female protagonist that was easily heartbroken but stubborn stayed - Sara worked, Sara argued, Sara was stubborn, she cut off people easily but forgave them as easily.

Yet the story just kept on changing. A lot more friends were included, a wedding was included, an engagement, his family (I initially just wrote about his mother), Michael tried to be a good boss and cared for his employees even if he didn't show it.

Sara was the same - she fought against her feelings but in the end, she gave in. She got the happiness she deserved.

In the original story, she was happy after working so hard. No hard past, no real story behind her character.

In this story, Sara got her happy ending after she was abstained of love from her ex, she found a man that built her right back up into who she truly was (you'll see in the next book what I mean) and loved her purely.

NOW, FOR THEIR NAMES

For Michael - I at first loved the names Philippe and Matthew, but Michael just stuck with me as I did some research.

The name Michael means the following: From the Hebrew name (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God.

I wanted to show no matter how perfect you think he is, with his symmetrical handsome features, good built and sharp mind, that nobody is perfect in the end.

Sara - oh Sara. I love the names Rebecca, Emma, Victoria, Terese, Rachel, Megan/Meghan, Genevieve, Eleonore, Seraphina, Arabella, Elise, Charlotte, Alexandra, Beatrice, Catherine/Katarina, Cordelia, Delilah/Dalilah, Diana/Dianne/Diane, Elizabeth, Eloise, Grace, Isabelle, Lucina, Luna, Meredith, Olivia - and after so many names, my eyes were stuck on the name Sara.