Chapter 23 - Divorced?

♡ 

"I understand", Mr Birmingham instantly interrupted me.

It was Monday 12th and I went to Mr Birmingham at my usual time. He had already expected me and called me to his office.

He smiled brightly at me. "Mr Beaumont himself visited me this morning and brought a new worker along to replace you in exchange. I understand you want to go back, this isn't yours Sara." 

"And you are really alright with it, Mr Birmingham?" 

"Yes", he patted my head. "Just remember me when you read any papers, ok?"

  ♡  

Jess and the others dragged me into the building the moment they spotted me and the three of them all spoke at the same time once I sat down on my chair.

On my desk, which had stayed the same as if I hadn't left a month ago, was a cake and several bouquets of flowers. It was a welcome back gift from the girls and Michael. The bouquet of red roses, at least 20 roses, were from him, as the card told me.

Their hugs were bone crushing, but I laughed happily. I had my friends back and I would see them everyday again; I couldn't be happier!

I carried the cake to our little kitchen, which was only for our office, and put it into the fridge so it wouldn't get too warm. Michael's sage scent met my nose and I inhaled the delicious smell deeply. I loved a good fragrance on a man. I looked back to him. "I haven't heard you come in", I told him with a smile.

Michael was almost his old self – he had gained a bit of weight and was getting slowly but surely into his old, trained form, one that had made him radiate with health unlike his skinny self which had made him look sick, and I was so glad about it. I didn't care about his muscles, I was weak to them, but they weren't the key part of him, I cared for his health. And his old self had been healthy, unlike the one I had left behind.

He had also trimmed his beard into the length from before and kept it well-groomed again. The suit on him I hadn't seen so far but it smelled as expensive as it looked.

"I was careful not to be spotted", the man I fell for grinned, wrapping his arms around me.

He leaned his forehead against mine. My heart made loops. "I'm so glad you are back, mon amour." 

"I'm glad too", I smiled with red cheeks. Michael didn't let go of me and still held my eyes firmly. We stayed like that for a long time, his hands caressing my stomach, hips and waist.

"We shouldn't risk it", I whispered as his lips brushed mine. He still looked me in the eyes, not withdrawing his lips.

Then he slowly kissed me, eyes hooded and intense as our lips softly touched. I couldn't close my eyes – this was so intimate I just couldn't. Michael's strong arms were around my waist. I leaned against his chest. His lips softly and delicately kissed me, while sea blue eyes were dark in wanton.

I shivered as his kiss grew firm. It was court, but it lingered long, long afterwards as he withdrew his lips. My whole body tingled. I shivered, but I wasn't cold. I was hot. I felt so hot in my skin.

He let go of me and stepped back. Michael had held the upper hand in this situation and had stopped before we could have gotten in trouble.

But I was against it. Take me into your arms again. Kiss me again. I don't care if the others see us.