Chapter 62 - And here's why

Sara's POV

This time it was me who reminded Michael that we had to leave. He signaled to his phone, continuing the conversation with our newest client, Mrs Smithgard, who had just recently opened a shop and needed advice on her finances. She was a friend of a high-paying customer of ours, so naturally Michael took things into his own hands.

I in the meantime had managed to hire our old errand boy back - but he had certain expectations we had to fulfill for him to do so. He didn't want to be the only one in the company to deliver files and papers back and forth, up and down the 35-level tall company. We managed to lower the salary we would give, which would be twice as high as before, and gave him the task of choosing his companion. He had to interview him and not us. Additionally he had to answer for him and his mistakes. "Henceforth - errand running is your task, which makes you the manager of that job", Michael had told him over the phone. That alone was enough for him - it was a big step up in his work environment.

From what I had gathered, he wasn't half bad at the interviewing process. He wrote up a job description, put it online, read through each one of them carefully and even asked us for a space he and his people could maybe use.

Michael was humored by his motivation and gave him half of the empty 27th floor, telling him it was his to use.

My fiance got out his office and I gave Stacey the sign to take over for me. I took my bag and we approached the elevator together.

Once the doors closed, I pressed the button for the ground level floor. Michael turned to me and demanded a kiss.

I tip-toed and gladly gave him many smooches.

"You are nervous", he breathed against my lips. "I can tell by your kisses."

"You think everything will go well?", I asked him.

"The restraining order or the meeting with Angus Hawkins?"

"Both", I answered.

"We can only hope, I can't tell you for sure myself", he took my hand and caressed it with his thumb lovingly. "But what I do know is that it's a step forward, away from the crazy and into a safer territory."

"You are right", I nodded, trying to calm myself down. "We don't have to worry anymore. We don't have to check the flat everyday for bugs."

Michael drew me close to him, pressing me against his chest. He gave me a deep kiss. "Calm down honey. I don't like seeing you this worried", he brushed over my cheek with his knuckles. "Everything will be fine in the end. I'm here. I'll protect you."

I sighed happily against his chest. "But I don't want you to fight the world."

"For you I'll do anything", he kissed my hair. "All I for ask in exchange is your hand and a bunch of children."

I had to laugh.

"I want to name one of my sons Matthew", he told me suddenly. "I like that name a lot."

"And his second name?"

"Amar."

I raised my head. "After my father?"

"Why not? I like him", Michael gave me a smile.

"Will there be a Michael Junior?", I asked him, leaning back into his chest and looking up to my handsome fiance. He seemed even sweeter now when he talked about baby names.

"And make me a Michael Senior? No way in hell", Michael frowned. The elevator slowed down.

We separated and faced the elevator.