Chapter 59 - Sexual discoveries

Sara's POV

We boarded our airplane at 10 am and made ourselves comfortable for the 7 hour flight we had ahead of us.
If everything went well, we should be back home at 12 pm latest in NYC.

I slipped into the seat and drew out my book, while Michael didn't waste a second to open his laptop. While it booted up, I felt his eyes on me.

Michael laughed softly and I looked over to him. "Still reading that romance novel?"

"It's a great book", I leaned my head against his arm.

"It's been the fifth time you've reread it."

"It's just that good", I flipped the page and gave him a look. "When are you going to ask me out on date just like Matt here, huh?"

Michael raised my hand. "I just asked you three days ago to marry me, when did Matt do that?"

"On their next date", I countered with a raised brow, breaking into a laughter at his 'really now?' face.

"Fine - but does the fiancée have a plan what she wants to do?", Michael asked, a smirk on his face.

"Thrift shopping!", I chirped.

"Thrift shopping?", Michael repeated doubtingly in a poor tone.

"I've never been! And it sounds like so much fun!", I laid my book down.

Michael shook his head. "I'll take you to high-end shops and you can choose."

"I don't want to-"

"Don't be shy - any brand you name it. Prada. Gucci. Louis Vuitton, Guess", Michael rolled his hand in a digressing manner. "I'll buy it, no matter the price."

My heart skipped a beat. "No." I took his hand. "It's not necessary."

"Why not? You like wearing brand names, you yourself said you'd rather buy one good shirt than twenty bad ones!"

"I don't want you to spend a lot of money on me", I told him. "I don't want to go just shopping with you - I want to have fun thrifting with you. I don't necessarily want to buy something, I just want to experience it with you!"

Michael let out a soft 'oh'. Then straightened. "Then I want to take you book shopping with me. I need new novels. I also need new suits, so I need to get my body measured and one tailored. And I want your opinions on them." Michael pinched my nose lovingly. "Additionally, I'll have them make one outfit for you too."

"I'm fine with my stuff, really."

"And I'm fine with gifting you Italian pieces. Only the best for my fiancée."

"Even if it costs a fortune?", I asked.

"I told you - I'm spending my money happily on us. I know you need new blouses. I know you need more comfortable shoes. I know you eye that skirt that is 'too expensive for what it is'. It's okay to splurge once in a while on yourself. Why else do you think I have my stuff tailored?"

"Because you don't fit in the default stuff?"

"No, because I feel like a million bucks in perfect clothes", Michael lowered my book and kissed my lips. "As you should, because you are a million bucks."

I went red. "Fine, if you are so persistent - but only one piece!"

"One piece?", Michael smiled. "Not two? For me?"

"But-"

"For me?", Michael repeated, resting his forehead on mine. "For your fiance?"

"I-"