Chapter 29 - Double date trouble

♡

Sara's POV   

"Does this suffice?", Michael's deep voice sounded from his bedroom, then he stepped out for Marie and me to see.

Michael stopped in the middle of the room, opened his arms and turned slightly so we could see him from all his angles. "Won't Sara wear a black dress?", Marie asked, munching on our chips. "Don't you want to go in similar outfits?" 

"It's alright", I quickly brushed it away. "I love the blue suit on him!"

 "I love the blue suit on him!"

I eyed him. This was the darkest blue I had ever seen him in. "That's a new suit", I noticed and eyed him even more openly and fondly. 

"Keen eyes like always", Miche smirked at me. "Tie or no tie?" 

"No tie and open jacket", Marie and I decided in sync. 

"Why are you already getting dressed though?", I inquired to know after I threw a glance at the clock. "We still have a few more hours to go." 

"Just wanted to try out my new suit", his smile showed his dimples.

Michael was as eager as a child when he purchased a new suit and he could never wait to try it on – it was kind of cute actually.

"Your eyes were always shining when oncle Victor came back from Paris in his suit", Marie remembered with tender eyes. "You should have seen him Sara – he was glued onto Victor when his uncle talked about his work and the numbers of the stock exchange he had had an eye on. Michael always knew what he was talking about and loved to discuss the market with him."

"Is it true Victor was the key to his passion?", I fully turned to Marie and she brushed through my hair fondly. 

"Oui, ma belle. Victor was the first to notice Michael's sharp mind and interests and brought him the WSJ home – ever since he read his first issue, Michael was hooked."

Michael coughed softly. "I'm still here you know?" 

"You should have seen him when he brought his first girlfriend along!", a twisted smile crossed Marie's face. "Let me tell you, he-" 

"Marie", Michael roughly barked. 

"Let's just say Michael-" 

"Marie", it came out as a low snarl. 

"Has a type", she wriggled her eyebrows at me. I had to laugh. Michael slapped his face annoyed.

"Don't embarrass him in front of Sara", Gerard joined with a smile. "It would have been a catastrophe if you would have told her of the story we had to bust down the door of the shower and we-" 

"Enough!", Michael cried out, cheeks red. Astonished, my lips parted in surprise at his reaction. I had never seen him that flustered! "You two are embarrassing me here! I want to look good in front of Sara!"