Chapter 22

After Luna had finished crying, she mentally restitched herself together, blocking her feelings back behind a wall. She took out the disk and put it and the computer away. The house returned to the stillness it had been previously.

She returned to her bed and lied back down before drifting off into an uneasy sleep. As was usual on nights surrounding October twenty-eight, Luna's dreams were full of screams, pleas of mercy, and a monster trying to find her.

Luna woke up in a cold sweat breathing hard. The sheets were wrapped around her trapping her in place. Her eyes darted around the dark room, trying to remind herself of where she was.

It took Luna a few moments before, bit by bit, her muscles relaxed. It was just the bedroom. It had just been a dream. As Luna calmed down, she realized that it had been the first time in awhile that she had it. It must have been thanks to making herself too tired to dream the past few days with all that had been going on with Anakin, Padmé, and Obi-Wan. Usually the nightmare plagued her in the weeks leading up to her birthday.

She could hear the other three girls sleeping and glanced at the clock. It was three.

Hence began the long and depressing Saturday.