Chapter 50

"So, this is the ship we're supposed to be taking," Luke said, looking over the ship. It didn't look like much, but as the point was to blend in, the ship would work. Luke was just worried about what they might and might not be able to do if things went bad.

"I've seen worse," Anakin replied. Luke laughed, glancing back at his father.

"Me too."

The two Skywalkers headed up the ramp with Artoo right behind them. Both had already said goodbye to Leia, Padmé, Obi-Wan, Han, and Chewie. Anakin couldn't help the feeling that he had forgotten something, but he pushed it to the back of his mind for the moment. It wasn't long until the ship had entered lightspeed and the cockpit lapsed into a partially awkward silence.

"So, how did you manage to get Artoo and Threepio?" Anakin asked, studiously ignoring the glances Luke kept on sending his way.

"Uh, what?" Luke asked, confused.

"Artoo and Threepio, they belong to me back in my time period." Luke's expression changed to one of surprise.

"Really?" Luke shot the droid a look. "Why in the name of the Force did you forget to mention that?"

Artoo toodled a response.

"Classified?! And you didn't think of mentioning the none classified information?"

"To be far, most of it is classified," Anakin said, smirking and stepping into what looked like a soon to be a full fledged argument between his son and droid. "I only owned him during the war and regained possession of Threepio right before it's beginning. Artoo belonged to Padmé before me.... But," he continued also shooting the droid a semi-accusing look, "he was also aware of mine and Padmé's marriage and would have some information on the Jedi that would have been perfectly fine for you to see without breaking into classified Republic records. Even then, those old records could help the Alliance."

Artoo gave an apologetic response.

"You should have told me," Luke said. Anakin chuckled.

"So, how did you manage to get a hold of him and Threepio?"

"Uh, well, an interesting story actually," Luke said, smiling. "Leia actually owned them before me...."

***

"Are you sure about this?" Leia asked.

"Positive, assuming you still want to go," Padmé replied.

"I still think it's an awful idea," Han replied. "Anakin will not be happy with us."

"I'll talk to him. Besides, you won't be able to get yourself out of this alone."

Han sighed, finally giving up the argument with the mother and daughter. The last thing he had wanted was for Leia to accompany him to Tatooine, let alone her and Padmé, there was just so much that could go wrong.

But, in the end, they had talked Han into bringing them with him. Anakin and Luke had already left, and Obi-Wan seemed to be busy looking over histories and such. Padmé had already told him that she and Leia were going with Han, whether or not the Jedi was aware of where they were traveling was a question that remained unanswered to Han.

Han shook his head before heading up the Falcon's ramp. This was bound to be interesting.