Chapter 27

Luna walked back to her house. Anakin, Padmé, and Obi-Wan had all been watching her like hawks since the little chat with Elise despite the fact all were supposed to be doing different things. Luna didn't know what it ment, but she didn't like being at the center of their attention, especially since she didn't know what they were thinking about.

Where they going to leave and move somewhere else? Did they think she was weak? Did they want her to disappear like everyone else on Earth did?

Why had she done that? Why didn't she keep walking? Why had she threatened Elise? Luna didn't think she could ever even backup the smallest threat. She wasn't that kind of person.

Because they were right with you, Luna thought to herself. You didn't want Elise to cut your time with them short.

And tomorrow, she's going to make you pay for it.

Luna went asleep, feeling that she had just ruined her one chance to find people that were okay with her presence.

***

"That was the second time I saw that kid," Anakin said. "The other time was outside of the book store."

"You didn't say anything?" Padmé asked, looking at him surprised.

"I didn't think much of it then. I figured that they would have stopped."

"Well, it's obvious that she's used to it. That's what I'm worried about."

"It's not like we can do anything," Obi-Wan replied. "Not without giving ourselves away."

"We should try to help her," Anakin objected.

"We already are. Think about it Ani," Padmé said, forcing Anakin to look into her eyes. "I want to stop it completely too, but we've already helped her. She's not used to being with people that care. Just us caring probably makes her feel better. Besides, I doubt that they would be fools enough to do something in any adult's presence. They were trying to lure her away today because of that. If it weren't for us, more than just words would have probably been exchanged."

Anakin sighed, thinking. He had been judging Elise's feelings through the Force. She had been immensely surprise when Luna had snapped back at her. Elise was used to Luna just not doing anything when Elise was mean, but Luna had decided to fight back.

Anakin's question was how come Luna hadn't done it before. She had it in her.