Chapter 85

Luna didn't know how long she had been laying under the covers when she heard the door to her room open. Her eyes were already closed, and Luna was lying motionless with deep even breaths, the perfect imitation of sleeping.

She listened as the person walked across the floor towards the bed. Luna tried to carefully open her mind to see if she could recognize whoever it was.

Gentle....Kind, Luna thought to herself as she tried to pick up on some of the easier to sense traits of their personality. Female.... A fighter.... Motherly—Where the heck did that come from?

"Luna?" a voice that Luna recognized as Padmé's asked.

On second thought, makes sense, she thought to herself as Padmé started to gently shake her, still calling Luna's name. After all, she does have her children around.

Luna slowly opened her eyes, pretending that she was just waking up.

"What is it?" Luna asked, looking up to see Padmé smiling at her.

"Time to get dressed and have some breakfast. Come on," Padmé said. "I brought some clothes for you to change into."

"Thanks," Luna said.

"You're welcome. We'll be outside."

"Right," Luna said. Padmé was near the door when Luna remembered something. "Uh, which button opens the door?"

Padmé looked at her strangely for a moment before understanding dawned on her features. She gestured for Luna to come over before pointing out which buttons opened and closed the door and turned on and off the lights. Luna thanked Padmé before the woman left. Luna then walked over to the chair and looked at the clothes resting on it: black pants, a white shirt, and a blue jacket.

And while they looked sorta like the clothes on Earth, they didn't look Earthen made or Earthen designed. If she were to be honest, it kinda clashed with her sneakers just because of the differences in design.

Or maybe that was her critic side showing that said, "If you're dressing up as a Rebel, then you should be wearing combat boots, not sneakers."

That's how she felt just about every Halloween. If she had the choice, Luna would have owned a pair of combat boots years ago.

It didn't matter though. The sneakers were the only shoes Luna owned and of course the only ones that made the trip from Earth with her. Besides, she wasn't about to ask someone for new ones, new clothes were more than enough.

Luna changed before putting her other clothes in her bag and leaving the room.

As was habit, she took her backpack with her.