Chapter 68

"Thanks," Anakin told the med-droid he had been speaking with.

"Of course, sir," the 2-1B unit replied before turning away. Anakin headed back down the hall. Luna was free to go, she just needed an adult to sign her out, which Anakin had taken care of.

The only thing was, Anakin had been planning to start training Luke and Leia with help from Obi-Wan. Padmé had also been planning to do research. All things considered it might be better for Luna to stick in the medbay for a bit longer. If Padmé decided to watch her and then got too caught up with she was doing, it would be a simple matter for Luna to get distracted by something, wander off, and then get lost. Anakin also knew from experience that it was nerve racking to be training while someone was watching, especially when failure was likely, so it wouldn't be that good of an idea for Luna to watch the twins train.

The girl was not going to be happy, not that Anakin blamed her. He hated being trapped in the medbay himself, but for now, it was the best option. Anakin had no doubt that the moment she had left the room, Luna would be trying to get a look at everything everywhere. They were going to have to give her a tour of the ship sometime.

Anakin smiled to himself at the thought. He had been the same when he first left Tatooine. It was amazing seeing a starship and being in space for the first time, and some things never really lost their splendor.

But until then, it would be better for Luna to stay where she was: In the medbay. They could take their time showing her around the ship later.

Anakin doubted she was going to like the idea. He walked into Luna's room to find Padmé telling Luna what had happened while they were on Tatooine. No one seemed to noticed his entrance.

"And so after Luke had been brought back on board the skiff, he jumped to the Sail Barge to begin following Anakin up," Padmé was saying.

"What happened after that?" Luna asked excitedly.

"I came to them with the other skiff so no one else would get thrown into the pit while Anakin dealt with the barge's guns," Obi-Wan replied.

"Along with several dozen of Jabba's goons," Anakin added, causing Luna's eyes to fly to him.

"What did you do?" she questioned excitedly.

"Well, Luke and I fought them until Leia made it to the top deck. We shot the deck's gun at the deck making the barge explode."

"Wow.... What happened to Jabba?"

"Leia killed him." Luna nodded, as if she had expected Anakin's response.

"You don't seem too surprised."

"That's how it happens originally," she replied. "Wish you took me with you."

"Uh, no. No way would we have allowed you to come along," Anakin told her. "You could have gotten hurt far too easily."

"Anakin's right, it was better for you to have stayed here," Padmé told the girl.

"I guess," Luna said, seeing their logic. "Am I free of the medbay?"

"Yes and no," Anakin told her. "You can leave, but I think it'd be a better idea for you to stay here for now. Obi-Wan and I are going to be busy, as is Padmé. We'll come get you afterwards, alright?"

"Are you sure I can't come with you?" she whined. "All I've seen of the ship is the medbay, and I want to look around."

"Yes," Anakin told her, before continuing on seeing that she was about to protest, "but I'll give you a tour of the ship afterwards."

Anakin didn't think he could have found a quicker way to convince Luna to agree.