Chapter 133

The rest of the morning was devoted to explanations. Once Anakin and Obi-Wan had managed to fully process the fact that Anakin had become Vader and Luna had finished, or more like regained control of her breakdown enough to finish it behind closed doors at a later point, questions and answers about the how and why of Vader's turn were traded back and forth. Luna explained some of what had happened, although she left out most of the details and greatly summarized and half-truthed through more than a few questions along with a few she just couldn't answer. One of the constants was her attempts to make Anakin feel better, or more like less guilty, about Vader's future dealings.

If she were being honest, it had been nice to get some of it off her chest. Obsessively worrying about all the What if's and possibilities and actions that could be taken and running them through her mind to decide whether or not it would help or hurt the Keep Anakin From the Darkside Cause had almost become a hobby.

A stressful pent up hobby who's only output was in the secret diary in her room.

It was nice to let go of that particular secret, and Luna was glad that both Anakin and Obi-Wan had taken it marginally well.

That didn't keep her from thinking that she may have just made a humongous blunder.

Or seriously thinking that she should have kept her mouth shut. Just because it lifted a weight off of her shoulders did not mean that it was a good idea to add more weight to Anakin's. Or Obi-Wan's for that matter, but mainly Anakin's.

"I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry," Obi-Wan finally said. Luna looked at the chrono, taking a few moments to realize it was past one, she was still working on thinking in military time. It was just so much easier to just convert it to something she was used to.

"I guess we should head over to the cafeteria," Anakin said. "It's getting late for lunch, and I'd suggest we eat soon so we don't ruin whatever Padmé's planning on making us for dinner."

"Obi-Wan's coming for dinner?" Luna asked. It wouldn't have been the first time, Obi-Wan had dinner at least once a week now that he knew the Skywalkers' secret, but she hadn't heard anything about it being discussed that morning.

"I am?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"Yes. You might as well come over, after all you're going to Utapau tomorrow," Anakin replied. Luna felt the walls that had been built around her worry for the past few hours break as easily as if it was a small dam of dirt in the path of a flood. "And I told her you agreed to it, so you are obliged to come."

"I suppose I am."

"Hold on, you are going to Utapau tomorrow?" Luna asked for clarification as she put a hand on the wall to steady herself. She had nearly no control, her voice came out worried.

"Yes, is there a problem with that?" Obi-Wan asked, studying her.

"No, no problem." The end is coming.

Travel time in lightspeed on a destroyer? How long would that take if he leaves in the morning? Utapau is in the Outer Rim, right? So half a day, maybe more. Add in how long it'd take to engage and possible time differences....

Three, maybe four or five if we're lucky, days before Grievous is engaged if we count today.

It's almost here.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" Anakin asked. "Is something going to happen?"

"Going after Grievous is supposed to draw out Sidious, isn't it?" Luna questioned in return, allowing the two Jedi to draw their own lines.

"I suppose that now we should start worrying?" Obi-Wan asked, sounding like he already knew the answer.

"Yes, Obi-Wan. Now would be the perfect time for you to start worrying."