Chapter 103

Luna slowly began to unwillingly wake up. She really did not want to. She had previously found herself in the rare and highly valued dreamless sleep. The bed was also extremely comfortable, and it felt like she was laying on a cloud. The blankets were soft and cozy.

At first, her mind did not categorize the oddity of being so comfortable, but as she slowly became more aware, she realized that it was very unusual.

She also realize that she could hear breathing that wasn't her own, and she felt someone hugging her.

For some reason that was completely beyond her, Luna didn't feel freaked out in the slightest.

She tried to remember how she may have gotten in this particular position, but nothing came.

Luna ever so slowly opened her eyes and found herself looking at someone's chest. She looked up and found Anakin. Asleep.

For half a second, she thought she was still dreaming, then the past few day's events came back to her.

As did her nightmare.

Luna shoved the thought away as quick as she could and tried to calm herself as her body stiffened at the thought of it.

She tried to distract herself with the question of how she ended up in the position she was currently in and how to possibly get out of it without waking up anyone.

Luna vaguely remembered someone, or someones, comforting her when she woke up from the nightmare, and now that she thought about it, it had probably been Anakin and Padmé. Still didn't completely explain how Luna had ended up in their bed, but it gave her an idea of why.

She slowly lifted her head as she contemplated her positioning. Luna was in between Anakin and Padmé and somewhat trapped within the same comfortable comforters she had been enjoying previously.

For a moment, she wondered if she should just try to go back to sleep, but she knew immediately that possibility was gone. Rare was the time Luna could go back to sleep after waking up, even when a nightmare wasn't involved, and then adding in her current positioning....

Yeah, sleep wasn't happening.

It took a little while, but Luna eventually wiggled out of the bed without waking either of the adults.

Once she was out, she looked around the room. The blinds were closed against the morning rays of light, but it wasn't pitch black. She moved to the door control panel and studied it before pressing the button that she though would open the door praying she didn't set off an alarm or something. Thankfully, she remembered it correctly and the door slide open. Luna looked behind her to ensure that she hadn't woken anybody before leaving the room, closing the door behind her.

She walked back to her room and entered it, looking around. The curtains were drawn, a habit she was going to try to force herself into. A particular comment in one of the many fanfictions she had read about Luke time traveling said something along the lines of Close the kriffing blinds, Luke because he had been looking out at the city before going to bed, didn't close the blinds, and proceed to get hit by a poisoned dart that nearly killed him. He would have died if the Force hadn't decided it wasn't his time.

Force on her side or not, Luna wasn't going to risk leaving the blinds open while she was asleep for awhile.

In fact, after a certain point in time, Luna was actually debating whether or not she would even risk sleeping.

But that wouldn't happen for a while. Hopefully.

Luna drew back the blinds as she sat in the window seat that was quickly becoming her favorite spot in the bedroom, gazing out into the city. Speeders were already rushing about and although it was early morning according to the sun, it appeared as though the planet had been awake for awhile. Part of Luna wondered if the planet ever slept, or if it was like New York, never sleeping.

She stayed there for awhile, letting the fact she was actually on Coruscant and that the real war was about to begin sink into her mind. Anakin's first nightmare had probably come last night. Sidious had made the first move, and it would soon be up to Luna to make her's.

The fate of a galaxy Luna had loved since childhood was now in her hands.

Everything had just gotten a whole lot realer.