Chapter 56

"There you are buddy! I was wondering where you went off to," Luke said as Artoo finally appeared. The three Jedi had been waiting for a few minutes for their droid companion to appear, during which Luke and Anakin had been defending their beloved R2 unit from Obi-Wan's comments.

"Well, now he's here, let's get going," Anakin said impatiently.

"Patience Anakin," Obi-Wan stressed as they all got into their ships. Anakin just rolled his eyes, muttering to himself.

Sure, he'd be patient. He'd be patient once he knew his wife and daughter were safe

***

Padmé paced back and forth in the small confines of the cell.

"Look, Miss, pacing isn't going to help anyone," Han said from where he was leaning against the wall with Chewie. His attempt to talk to Jabba had gone terribly and had served to get the three of them thrown in a cell and separated from Leia.

"We need to get out of here and find Leia," Padmé replied.

"I know, but look around. We aren't getting out of here without help. We just have to hope Leia's alright until we get a chance to get out of here. She's strong; she'll be alright," Han said, trying to reassure both Padmé and himself. They had been separated in Jabba's throne room and hadn't seen Leia since, having been led to the cell while she had been forced to stay in the throne room.

Padmé's shoulders slumped, and she finally stopped pacing. The truth was that she knew they couldn't escape, but every single part of her wanted to so she could be with her daughter and know Leia was safe. Padmé had only known of her children for so long, but she was already worried sick about her daughter.

Anakin will come for us, Padmé told herself. Anakin will come.