Chapter 25

They had been walking around most of the morning, looking at all the different things and asking Luna to read or explain what they were. Most of the time, neither Anakin or Obi-Wan had really gone anywhere besides somewhere to get food because of their lack of knowledge except for the one time they had wandered around trying to get information without looking suspicious, but now they could finally look around and find out what most different places did. It was fairly enlightening to see what the different buildings were for, and Padmé, at least, was making an effort to recognize some of the words. When lunch time came around, Luna bought three hot dogs for them, skipping over her own lunch once again.

Unlike anyone else that she had ever hung out with, they noticed.

"Aren't you going to have anything?" Padmé asked.

"Who? Me?" Luna asked. "No, I'm fine."

She was hungry.

"Besides, I'll probably have a big dinner."

Unlikely. The dinner would be big, but being the youngest, she'd never get a large portion.

Didn't matter much though, Luna would be fine.

"Are you sure?" Anakin asked, not completely buying it.

"Yes."

Luna's stomach growled in protest.

"I think your stomach disagrees," Padmé said, laughing. "Go on and get yourself some food. We'll wait for you."

"No, really I'm fine."

"Go," Padmé repeated. Luna sighed, giving in, knowing that Padmé probably wouldn't drop it.

Besides, she was hungry.

"Fine, I'll be back," Luna said. She quickly went an bought herself a hot dog. While she was waiting, Luna got a feeling. When she glanced behind herself, she found two pairs of eyes on her.

It was Henderson and Elise.

Luna got her hot dog and started eating, not even bothering to get ketchup as she looked at her options.

One: Get back to Anakin, Padmé, and Obi-Wan. The two bullies wouldn't dare do anything if she was with adults.

Two: Wait and hope they would leave.

It wasn't a hard decision.

Luna turned and made a beeline for where the other three were waiting for her, being careful to not run, but walking quickly. She could practically feel Henderson and Elise glaring at her. A glance behind her shoulder revealed that they were following her.

Luna's heart quickened as she picked up her pace slightly, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw the other three right where she left them. Her heartbeat and pace slowed as she practically felt herself pass through an invisible barrier, the inside of witch guaranteed safety.

"I'm back," Luna said. "What do you want to do next?"

***

"So, shall we head on back to the hideout and spar?" Obi-Wan asked Anakin.

"I don't know. I would like to learn more about Earth," Padmé replied.

"Well, maybe Luna could try and teach you some more while we spar," Anakin suggested.

"I don't know, she was fairly distracted with your sparing the other day," Padmé replied, smiling.

"Was she?"

"Very."

Anakin chuckled before pausing in thought. He looked towards the way Luna had went as he sensed her worry of something. It wasn't even a moment or two when she appeared around the corner, her pace slowing as she caught sight of them.

Anakin also noticed as she got closer that one of the boys that had been bullying Luna the other day had been following her. He and the girl with him stopped following Luna when she got close to them, studying Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padmé.

It was more than enough to raise a red flag, and Anakin wasn't the only one who noticed.

"I'm back," she said coming up to them with a nearly finished hot dog in hand. "What do you want to do next?"

"Who are they?" Obi-Wan asked, looking at the two that had been following her.

"What?" she asked, looking back to the two kids who seemed undecided about something. "Just some kids that go to my school.... So are we going back to the hideout or looking around some more?"

"They look like they want to talk to you."

"I doubt that highly."

Even as the words left her mouth, the girl began to walk towards them.

"What's her name?" Padmé asked as the girl came closer. Luna turned and noticed the girl, stiffening.

"Elise. Let's just go," Luna replied. Before anyone could say anything else, Elise called out.

"Hey! Hey, I wanted to talk to you!" she yelled, running up to them. Anakin was immensely glad of the fact that they were standing in the shadows and didn't have to move away to ensure that Elise didn't do anything to Luna. Luna slowly turned to face the girl.

"What do you want?" Luna asked flatly as her voice went ice cold.

"You forgot to come help me and Henderson yesterday on our science project. I figured that you could come with us and work on it. As long as it's alright with your parents that is," Elise lied, her voice peppy as she eyed the three adults behind Luna.

"I don't know what you're...." Luna dropped off as her mind grasped the meaning of Elise's last sentence. "My what?"

"Well, I just figured—" Elise started as her eyes lit up in amusement at finding more ammunition to fire at Luna during school.

"Look, that science project was due two weeks ago. If it weren't for me and Trixie, you and your boyfriend would be getting a zero," Luna snapped back, her tone annoyed, having already realizing her slip up. Elise blinked in shock. "I personally had hoped the teacher would have taken note and failed you, but hey, a girl can dream."

Elise opened and closed her mouth, lost for words.

"Now please don't track me down again and try to ruin my weekend. Save it for school. Just a few more hours and you can shove me into lockers to your heart's content, but right now, I'm drawing a line, and I'd suggest you respect it."

Elise finally regained her voice, forgetting that there were actually adults present, "You threatening me freak?"

"Maybe I am," Luna replied, her voice gaining a dangerous tone. "But you don't seem like the type to want to find out. Now just do all of us a favor and walk away."

Elise just stood there, lost for words. Luna rolled her eyes and turned around to the surprised group of three behind her.

"Come on, let's go."