Chapter 62

The courtiers parted as Han, Chewie, and Padmé were brought up from the dungeons while Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan were brought up from the pit through another doorway. Luke was the first to spot their friends.

"Han!" Luke called out, causing the smuggler, Chewie, and Padmé to turn and look at the Jedi.

"Luke!" Han yelled.

"You alright?" Luke asked, wondering if Jabba had done anything to the three while they had been captured

"Fine. Together again, huh?"

"Wouldn't miss it."

"How we doing?"

"Same as always."

"That bad?"

"Where's Leia?" Padmé asked, still having yet to spy her daughter.

"I'm here!" Leia called from the dias, causing those that had just come in from the cells gazes to fly to her. "I'm alright, but I don't know how much longer I can hold off your slobbering friend here."

Jabba was very lucky for the moment that both Han and Chewie were bound, because Han wanted to march on up there and punch the gangster in the nose while Chewie wanted to pull of one of the Hutt's arms in penance for what Jabba had done to the Princess. The Hutt was also rather lucky that Anakin was still managing to keep his temper in check, that Padmé was a senator and was well trained to keep her own temper in check, and that Luke was managing to control his temper.

However, Jabba was really pushing all five of their tempers, not including Leia's own souring temper, as he stroked the Princess's hair trying to calm himself while the prisoners were all brought in front of him.

"Talkdroid!" Jabba boomed, silencing the entire room.

Threepio quickly came forward and began to nervously address the prisoners: "His High Exaltedness, the great Jabba the Hutt, has decreed that you are to be terminated immediately."

"That's good, I hate long waits," Han announced loudly, smirking.

"Your extreme offense against His Majesty," Threepio continued, "demands the most torturous form of death...."

"No sense in doing things halfway," Han cracked, enjoying being able to poke fun at both Jabba and Threepio at the same time. Anakin wasn't the only one who had to contain a chuckle despite the seriousness of the situation they were in. He'd give the smuggler points for humor, but that didn't mean Anakin supported Han and Leia dating.

Threepio recollected himself, loathing being interrupted. "You will be taken to the Dune Sea, where you will be thrown into the Great Pit of Carkoon...."

"That doesn't sound too bad," Han commented, shrugging as he glanced at Luke. Luke didn't comment, sharing a knowing glance with his father. Pit of Carkoon. Not good, as anyone raised on Tatooine would know.

"....the resting place of the all-powerful Sarlacc. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you slowly digest for a thousand years."

"On second thought, we could pass on that," Han reconsidered. A thousand years was a bit much, even for him.

Chewie barked his whole-hearted agreement with his friend's statement. He did not feel like spending any amount of time in the belly of any creature, let alone a thousand years.

"You should have bargained Jabba. This is the last mistake you'll ever make," Luke said, self assured. Anakin smiled darkly. It was nearing time for Aggressive Negotiations, and he'd be able to make sure Jabba understood precisely how badly he had messed up when it came to the treatment of Leia.

Assuming Artoo showed up at the right time. Anakin hadn't seen his faithful astromech friend since they had entered the palace. He tried not to worry too much, Artoo had never let him down before.

"Take them away," Jabba ordered, looking forward to feeding the Sarlacc. He enjoyed feeding it just as much as he enjoyed feeding the Rancor. Poor Rancor.

Leia watched as the prisoners were lead away, worry and doubts crowding her mind. She felt both Anakin's and Luke's presences brush against her own reassuringly. The Princess let out a drawn out breath, trying to expel all her worries for her friends and family.