Chapter 45

Luna was exhausted and fairly sure she was in shock. The moment she had entered the Falcon, she had practically become invisible. Luna was so tired that it took her awhile to notice anything. It didn't seem that anyone had noticed her, not that she had expected anyone to, so she didn't need to worry about questions or fully processing what had just happened. Luna hadn't even managed to fully realize she was on the Millennium Falcon she was so out of it.

It was with great effort she managed to pull herself to shaky legs and painfully stumble to the main part of the ship. Once there, Luna pulled her hood back over her head and sat down at the dejarik table across from Han, who, despite her state of not being able to process that much, she was glad to notice had been rescued.

She did not notice the vibration of the guns firing at TIEs repeatedly, the shudders of the ship as it was occasionally hit, or Artoo repairing a talkative Threepio in a corner and hardly managed to notice Leia helping Luke in the medical center. Luna just stared at no point in particular as she slowly came back to herself.

Her leg was in agony and she felt awful. Her hands were pale and she felt extremely cold.

Luna pulled the hood further over her head to hide her face as she weakly wrapped herself in the cloak she was wearing.

Not long after she felt unbearably hot.

Fever, she thought to herself.

Her eyes wandered over to Artoo and Threepio as she began to remind herself what was going on.

"Hyperdrive," she muttered.

"What? Who are you?" Han asked, only now knowing there was yet another person he didn't know on his ship. This day just kept getting better and better.

"That's Luna. She and I ran into each other while I was fighting Vader," Luke mumbled in explanation, exhausted.

"Has Artoo reactivated the hyperdrive yet?" Luna asked louder.

"The hyperdrive?" Leia asked.

"The Empire deactivated it."

"And how do you know that?" Han asked.

"I just do.... What's the harm in making sure?" she replied, no emotion coming through her voice through shear force of will and control. She felt so awful right now.

"Artoo, why don't you check?" Luke muttered, trusting Luna despite the fact he only just met her.

Artoo beeped in reply.

"What do you mean the city computer told you it was deactivated?" Threepio asked his companion.

More beeps.

"He already reactivated it. It was the first thing Sir Obi-Wan told him to do once he got on board," Threepio translated.

"They followed my directions," Luna murmured. "That's good...."

"Obi-Wan?" Luke asked the name catching his attention.

Oh no, here we go, Luna thought to herself. She didn't feel like dealing with this.

"Yeah, we meet up with three people, Obi-Wan's one of them. They helped us rescue Han," Leia explained. "We don't know who they are, but we'll find out as soon as we're out of this."

Luna couldn't help but groan at that.

"You know them?" Luke asked.

"You have no idea," Luna replied.

"Well, I'm going to see what they are up too," Leia muttered, getting up and heading to the cockpit. "I'll be back.