Chapter 28

The good part of being friendless, quiet nobody in middle school?

No one notices when said person walk into a classroom. Whoever it is can hear as many rumors circulating throughout the school as they wish.

Luna rarely listened to rumors, but the amount of times she heard her name being whispered that morning in the halls caused her to pay attention. She would have hoped that people would at least be observant enough to not wisper things about her within the same classroom as her, or at least within her earshot, but Luna was willing to let that fact slide for the news that had been handed to her on a silver platter.

To say that word had gotten around about what happened over the weekend would have been an understatement. Apparently everyone had heard that Luna and Elise had talked, and, instead of being the perfect little victim, Luna had fought back. Most said that Luna had even gone as far as slapping Elise if not farther with lots of cussing on both sides. It was huge news because, while Luna was the major target, Elise and Henderson had a fair number of other victims. The fact that someone would fight back against the queen bee and jock of the school was practically unheard of, let alone the number one victim. The story was more popular than the age old question of who everyone was dressing up as the next day for Halloween.

It somewhat amazed Luna that, while everyone was buzzing about her and almost painting her as some kind of hero, they were unaware of her presence right next to them.

She wasn't complaining though.

Because, while she hated the thought of being painted as a hero, the rumors also had mentions of what the Populares were planning for payback. While Luna suspected that most of the rumors were probably over inflated grains of truth, it gave her an idea of what to do.

Really, it was more like what not to do.

While Luna doubted anyone was going to strangle her to death, break her arm, or push her off the roof, she did not doubt the fact that the Populares had very painful payback planned.

Luckily for her, all the rumors had one particular characteristic. What ever was planned, it was going to happen to or from lunch.

Easy answer?

Skip lunch.