Chapter 119

Luna wasn't fully aware when she heard voices. It was a state of being more asleep then not, but still awake ever so slightly, just enough to attempt to prevent intrusions into her mind. It was an odd state. She was tense and aware of her own mind, but everything else was foggy and slow. Luna heard the voices, heard the words, heard the tone, but they didn't make it into her mind enough to be comprehended.

What she eventually felt was a hand brush back her hair. Unknowingly, she curled into a tighter ball.

Luna vaguely felt someone pick her up in their arms, bridal style, and begin to carry her somewhere. She opened herself back up ever so slightly to find a bright presence of comfort around her. It gently touched her mind with reassurance that she was safe.

It was only then that she relaxed enough to fall asleep.

***

Luna opened her eyes and blinked a few times as the dark room she was in came into focus. She sat up, confused as she looked around.

It was her bedroom in the Temple. All masters and padawans had shared rooms, a bedroom for each on either side of an adjoining welcome-slash-whatever-else-you-wanted-it-to-be room, a part way mechanic repair shop for theirs considering it was Anakin Skywalker's and not Obi-Wan's, Luna suspected the elder Jedi's was a meditation space, just based on character, that lead to the hallway. She had of course been in the bedroom before since it was technically hers until further notice, but she had never actually used it for sleeping before. Anakin always slept at Padmé's apartment, more so now then before when he had to worry about Obi-Wan looking for him. She had only ever used the bedroom at the Temple for hanging out.

How did she even get there?

Anakin must have brought me, Luna thought to herself as she sat up, looking around the barely furnished room that only sported a desk, a chair, a dresser, and the bed she was laying on. It was standard looking furniture, not at all like what was in Padmé's apartment which Luna could only assume was Nabooian styled. The Jedi needed and had only the bare necessities.

It was still better than most of the bedrooms that she had live in the past few years.

Besides, it was in the Temple. Luna wasn't complaining.

But back to the point, she had last been in the Senate Building with Padmé. Luna wasn't complaining about being moved, anywhere further away from Palpatine was good with her, but she was surprised someone hadn't woken her up.

And it also probably meant she was about to get in trouble for leaving Palpatine's office and not comming Anakin about it.... Hopefully Padmé had and he hadn't been racing around looking for her.

Luna layed back down, reviewing what had happened in her mind. Sidious had been trying to Force his way in, so she had practically shoved a memory that had nothing to do with anything important for anyone else at him. She had felt his surprise and his relish in her pain.

It had been enough for him to, thank the Force, loosen his grip on her long enough for Luna to make a break for it.

But now there were problems. Loads of problems.

Sidious knew she knew.

Sidious knew she was hiding something.

Sidious knew that she shouldn't be in the position she was in.

Sidious knew that everyone else was keeping a secret surrounding her, or at least enough people, one of which was the person he wanted to be his apprentice.

And Sidious knew something that could be used against her, a repercussion of using a past memory to escape.

And he also hadn't threatened her yet, so that was bound to happen soon. Force be willing, he'd tell her to say out of his plans and leave it at that, not that would be what Luna would do, she'd just have more time that way.