Chapter 142

Once Padmé rang for security, it took awhile for everyone to calm down. Captain Typho couldn't believe a bounty hunter had managed to slip past security while Padmé's handmaidens fussed over her.

No one even questioned the reason behind Anakin being there, they'd been with Padmé long enough to know that the Jedi had a habit of showing up where he was needed when danger presented itself to the Senator.

Either way, everyone was wide awake. Aurra got sent to the nearest cell block for questioning while Captain Typho added on several temporary security measures. Once Anakin got himself and Luna the clear to leave, which took a while considering Typho wanted Anakin's opinion on several things, including boosting of security which the Jedi was all too eager to help with, they hopped in a speeder and headed on over to the Temple. Luna had managed to calm down from the event by the time they had left, causing her to fall asleep on the way over. Deciding to let her rest, Anakin carried her through the nearly deserted halls. He was somehow unsurprised to find Obi-Wan on his way out.

The older Jedi took one look at the two of them. His expression asked it all.

"Someone sent an assassin after Luna," Anakin muttered as he headed off to their quarters. Obi-Wan's eyes widened as he walked beside them.

"I thought I sensed something. Is everything alright?" he asked.

"Padmé's probably still working on calming down Typho and her handmaidens. On a high note: Aurra Sing is back in prison."

"That's good, at least.... I'm surprised she fell asleep so quickly," Obi-Wan said, looking at Luna's slumbering form.

"She knew there was someone after her, but I don't know how or why. She was trying to stay up so she could dodge an attack should it come," Anakin explained, "or that's what I'm assuming her reasoning was. Either way, I don't think she's really rested all night."

"I'm assuming staying up didn't work?"

"She'd be dead if I hadn't been there."

Obi-Wan shook his head. "You'd think she'd be more vocal about it when there is someone around who might try to kill her."

"That's Luna for you," Anakin replied with a sigh.

"I suppose...." Obi-Wan sighed running a hand over his face. Anakin looked at him.

"You should get some rest. Utapau tomorrow," Anakin reminded his long time friend.

"Look who's talking. Were you even asleep before this?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"I was until the Force 'gifted' me with a vision of Luna dying," he replied, looking down at the girl in his arms. "One second later, and it would have been a reality."

"What was Aurra trying to get her with?"

"A toxic dart. Don't know what properties it has, but I'm sure Typho will have answers in the morning....or later today I guess."

"What is this? Third attempt on her life this week?" Obi-Wan asked.

"And counting," Anakin muttered. He had told Obi-Wan about the non-Jedi earlier, that, added with Sidious Force choking her and now this, equaled far more attempts on Luna's life than Anakin was anywhere near comfortable with. Arriving at the door to their room, he used the Force to open it.

"I suppose I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course," Anakin replied. Obi-Wan nodded a goodbye before leaving. Anakin walked into the room before heading to the side where the door to Luna's room was.

Gently, he set the girl down on her bed. She looked peaceful and so much younger asleep than she did when she was awake. It made Anakin wonder why, especially since she had been that way even before they left Earth.

Luna shifted slightly a frown gracing her features as her Force presence became panicked.

Anakin paused momentarily, silently debating, before closing his eyes and entering the Force....

And Luna's dream.