Chapter 30

"I don't like it Master," Anakin commented to Obi-Wan as the two Jedi and Padmé walked down the sidewalk.

"That makes two of us," Obi-Wan muttered. Earlier that day, the two Jedi had sensed a shift in the entire atmosphere of the Force, as if it was preparing itself for something. They had decided to walk around the town to try and figure out if there was a particular point that the shift had taken place, but there was nothing unusual from the day before that they could find. Besides that, Anakin had begun to notice a dark feeling at the pit of his stomach, but he couldn't figure out why. The only thing he did know was that something was going to happen relatively soon and he was basically flying blind straight into it.

"What are you sensing again?" Padmé asked.

"The Force is preparing for something," Obi-Wan replied.

"To send us back?"

"No, not yet I don't think. It's waiting for something else."

"Something else that's bad is going to happen first or already is happening," Anakin agreed. "I wish we just knew what."

"Well, staying out here isn't going to help anything. We should head on back. Luna's probably been waiting for a while, assuming she didn't already have to leave," Obi-Wan said. Anakin noded, only just now noticing how late it was getting. The three walked on back to the hideout, arriving just in time to see Ashla leaving with a kitten being held her mouth from the scruff of its neck. Ashla paused, contemplating the three before moving on, Anakin the kitten hanging limply from her mouth half asleep.

"Wonder where she's going," Padmé wondered out loud.

"It's never a good sign when the native animals leave the area," Obi-Wan noted.

"Perhaps we should begin to look for a new hide out tomorrow," Anakin muttered, agreeing with Obi-Wan.

"And perhaps we should waste no time in moving."

"What do we tell Luna? She'll start freaking out if she thinks we're sensing danger."

"We'll move and just tell her that we were beginning to attract attention here. One of us will take her to the new one when she gets out of school. No sense in worrying her until after we move."

"Agreed," Anakin said before walking into the hideout, somewhat relieved to get out of the cold. It was far warmer inside. He could hear music playing and it didn't take him long to find the cause. Luna had set up some sort of device which was playing the song.

As for Luna herself, she was laying curled up on the floor, sound asleep.

"Luna, we're—" Obi-Wan was cut off by both Anakin and Padmé shushing him.

"She's asleep," Padmé whispered.

"Ah, sorry."

Anakin smiled, looking at the sleeping girl. As quietly as possible, the three got out their food and began to eat. It was cold, but it was still good and better than nothing. Anakin couldn't help but note that all the cats seemed to have vacated the area, and it didn't look like like Ashla was coming back.

About halfway through the meal, Obi-Wan finally brought up a point.

"Are we sure she isn't late?" he asked in a low voice.

"No idea, she's never told us when she had to be home by," Anakin replied, picking up Luna's music maker and trying to read the time. "This is not a twenty-four hour clock."

"Let me see," Padmé whispered, taking the device from Anakin. "I think this is equal to around eighteen-twenty."

"You think?"

"Yes, I once learned of this kind of clock, it divides the day into two twelve hour periods."

"How odd," Obi-Wan muttered.

"What else is new?" Anakin replied.

"Either way, we should probably wake her," Padmé said, going over to the sleeping girl before she began to gently shake Luna awake.