Chapter 86

"Time for a break," Anakin said a moment after disarming Luke for the eight time that afternoon. The boy looked like he was about ready to pass out. They had been sparing, and while Anakin had been holding back, Luke had been fighting his hardest and appeared to be exhausted.

"I was about to say," Padmé said as she came over with cups of water for the two. Luke gratefully took one of the cups and drank before bending down and putting his free hand on a knee.

"Thanks Angel," Anakin said, smiling as he took a drink. He took another look at Luke. "And I think you should sit down."

"I'm....good," Luke replied, still trying to catch his breath. Anakin raised an eyebrow.

"Luke Naberrie Skywalker, you will listen to your father and sit down before you hurt yourself," Padmé ordered, pointing at a chair near where Luna was watching, her tone leaving no room for argument.

"Okay, okay, I'm going," Luke said in surrender, standing and walking over to the chair before sinking down into it.

"Anakin, you're running the him dry," Padmé hissed.

"I wasn't even trying that hard. Luke needs to be able to defend against something like that. It'll be better for him in the end," Anakin replied in a low voice, looking at his son once again. "Although, we might rest in between longer."

"You had better."

"Ugh!" a frustrated voice said, coming from Anakin's right. He looked to find Leia having yet again missed blocking a stun blast from one of the training droids. She had been borrowing Obi-Wan's lightsaber for most of the day, trying to get a feel for both the weapon and the Force.

"Remember, open yourself to the Force, you must trust it," Obi-Wan instructed. "Let go of your frustration and feel the Force."

"Easier said than done," Leia replied as the lightsaber hissed off, obviously getting fed up with the exercise.

"It's hard for everyone to do the first time. Don't worry about it, you'll get it," Anakin said.

"I hope so."

"And until then, I think it is a good time to take a break," Obi-Wan said as Leia handed him back the lightsaber.

"Alright," Leia muttered before heading on over to where Luke was resting.

"Hey," Anakin said, walking to Leia before she got there as the others grouped around Luke and Luna, allowing the father and daughter some measure of privacy, "I know it's frustrating, but don't let it get to you. You need to let go of your anger and...." Anakin lowered his voice, "vengeance."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Leia said crossing her arms. Anakin raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, because you are definitely not trying to figure out how to wield a lightsaber just to try and kill Vader." Leia looked to the ground, guilty. Anakin placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I'm only saying this because I love you. Believe me, revenge is never right. It may feel satisfactory at the time, but you may come to regret what you've done." She looked up at him, her dark brown eyes meeting his bright blue. "I've made that mistake, I don't want you to do the same."

Leia slowly nodded, taking Anakin's words to heart. Anakin smiled before they continued over to the others.

Then he froze, feeling a tug. Anakin frowned, quickly looking over to Obi-Wan who had stopped talking in mid-sentence. Padmé had frozen, the color draining from her face.

"Is everything alright?" Luke asked, looking between the three of them.

"I.... I think it's time for us to go," Obi-Wan said right as Anakin felt yet another tug from the Force. It was stronger than the last one.

"What?! No!" Luke said jumping out of his seat as Leia look at them in horror.

"We don't have a say in the matter," Anakin said, wishing with all his heart and soul that they did. Leia looked at him before throwing herself into his arms. Anakin held her tightly wishing that he could stay and never let her go. He saw Padmé doing the same with Luke.

"Stay safe. Don't do anything reckless. Don't go after Vader until you're well prepared. Protect your sister," Padmé told Luke.

"I will Mother," Luke whispered. "I love you."

"I will always be with you one way or another. I love you too."

"Stay safe Princess," Anakin told his daughter. "Don't make the same mistakes I have. I love you."

"I love you too," Leia whispered. Anakin smiled sadly, letting Leia go as he felt the Force tug on him yet again. Leia raced over to Padmé who enveloped her daughter in a hug as she gave Leia instructions to make sure Luke didn't do anything stupid. Both began to cry. Anakin hurried on over to Luke before hugging his son.

"Goodbye Father," Luke muttered.

"Goodbye Son. Don't do anything I would do," Anakin said. Luke gave a forced laugh.

"I won't.... I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too," Anakin replied, smiling sadly. He felt a much stronger tug, nearly stumbling. The next one would send them back.

He looked over at the others as Padmé and Leia broke out of their hug, for the first time noticing Luna's somewhat panicked expression.

"I'm not feeling anything," Luna finally said, her eyes wide in fear. Almost in slow motion, Anakin saw Padmé reach towards Luna.

The world disappeared before he could see if his wife managed to grab the girl's hand.