Pinky Promise...

°•°•°•°It was late at night, midnight to be exact. And the whole house was silent if you don't count Edd's loud snoring basically keeping you from sleeping peacefully.
"Ugh! I can't take it anymore!" You quietly yell in frustration, sitting up in your bed.
"I'll just use my phone..." You mutter in an annoyed tone.
You pick up your phone and became curious about what's been happening down at the police station, now that you were taking time off.

'Crime rate decreasing, some say it's because of the Red Leader not taking action. Others say that he could be planning something big...'

You smile as you read the entire article, your friends down at the office were doing just fine, maybe even better than you.
Just after you finish reading, you place your phone down on the nightstand and sighed. You laid back down and relaxed your muscles, finally letting sleep take over you... until you hear a loud crash and then some cursed whispers after. Thanks to the language, you knew it was Tord cussing in Norwegian.
You sighed as you got up from your bed.
'Might as well find out what he's doing...' you think as you scratch your back.
You make your way into the source of all the cussing, quietly and slowly. Being sure not to wake up anyone.
You turn the corner to look in the kitchen to see Tord bleeding on the floor from his arm. You gasp as you run to his side.
"(Y-Y/N)...? Great, now I look weak." He says looking up at you. Hissing at the pain.
"How did this happen?" You ask in a calm voice as you get up to look for the first aid kit.
"Well, it started off when...." he started but you weren't really listening, you were mainly focused on finding some band-aids. You had just simply asked to distract him from the pain.
You walk into the bathroom and grab the first aid kit, running back to Tord.
"And that's how I ended up like this...until you found me~" he purred, you just blamed it on the fact that half his blood was either on you or the floor. You opened the alcohol and poured it on his cut. He hisses at the sharp pain but calms down. You then pull out the tissues then wet it with a little water. You wiped up the blood on his arm so you could actually see the cut. Once you see it you look at it confused then shake your head as you wrap the band-aid around his arm.
"Why did you make that face?" He asked you once you were done.
"To be honest, the cut wasn't really that big. But I wasn't gonna judge." You shrug as you open the fridge to grab some bottled water.
"Yeah I know, but I wanted you to do it~"  He seductively stated, standing up and sitting down at the table.
"Riigghht." Is all you say before you drink your water.
A few moments pass of awkward silence... well at least for you anyways, Tord was just loving your company even if you aren't saying anything.
"I do have one question though.." he suddenly says, sadly breaking the silence. "How did you know what to do?"
You think for a second then answer. "I practiced with my partner before she... passed away." You could feel yourself tear up as you turn around to hide your face.
Tord thinks for a second then his heart stopped once he realized what you were talking about.
"(Y/N)... I'm super sorry for what I've done. I was really upset at that time and I needed to cool off." He apologizes. He Gets up to see your face...Your reaction to his comment, but before he could you turned around to face him.
"She was my first friend. She reminded me of Edd, fun-loving and sweet like candy. But you killed her, you're the whole reason I'm here, why I can't face any of my other friends. I felt like I betrayed them... as I betrayed her." You choked out, tears finally running down your face.
"(Y/N) I-" he says before you cut him off. "I don't even know why I liked you, maybe because of the way you talked, the way you looked... I'm such an idiot." You said, finally remembering the promise you made to her.
'I promise to never fall in love with the enemy, it's gross and it'll never work out. This is not Romeo and Juliet...'
A ghost of a smile appeared as you remembered her voice. You both pinky promised the day she died. You wiped the tears off your face and began to walk into your room. Tord reaches out to grab you but you slammed the door before he could reach you.
You leaned on the door and slid down, you laid your head on your knees as you began to cry.
"I'm sorry... I will never break our promise again... pinky swear" you say as you bring your pinky up to the air.
Tord walked into his room, heartbroken. He was feeling a whole bunch of feelings. He was elated that you had a crush on him too, but extremely upset when you basically turned him down, getting rid of all your feelings for him.
"I'm sorry (Y/N)... Please forgive me..."

°•°•°•°