Matchmaker

(Y/N) PoV
After the day I met Jesse, it quickly felt as if I had gotten a puppy. He follows me around and asks me a bunch of questions, I know he means well but I've got to get this boy some friends or else I'll never have quiet to think.
°•°•°•°
Therefore, I called over my friend Mimi so she could show him what to do and take a huge burden off my shoulders.
"Mimi, I need you to give Jesse the test on what team he needs to be on..." I start to explain.  "Hopefully the scavenger team, he has an eye out for the smallest things and his brain is like a library." I finished taking note at the boy flinching behind you.
Mimi looks at him for a second then immediately jumps when she finds an answer.
"Hey! How about he becomes a messenger like me? His brain can be used to keep important info and he can also be useful to write down quick notes....plus I don't think he'd make a good scavenger, he's too... young." She whispered the last part making sure Jesse didn't hear.

Normal PoV
You looked at him and gave her a look as if you were asking 'Are you sure?' but with your eyes. She nodded enthusiastically and you sighed.
"Jesse.. from now on your going to stay with Mimi. You're going to be helping her with notes and messages. Please try not to get in trouble while she's around, she needs to be focused because without her... I would have to do her job." You joke as the brunette huffed while pouting.
"O-okay, I understand." He quickly stated, nodding his head.
"Good, oh and Mimi there's been complaints with the water spout. Check on it for me and return back quickly so I can let the scavengers know if they should go out for water." You added as your friend nodded her head writing everything down while Jesse looks over her shoulder.
You smile at the two and walk off.
'They'd make a cute couple..' you thought slightly giggling at the thought.
You made your way to the training quarters for some extra hand in hand combat, you liked to do that in your free time. It made you feel calm and prepared for whatever the cruel world threw at you.
You were a few minutes in when you suddenly heard some faint giggles. You stopped your daily workout and quietly walked to the source of the noise.
You quickly stopped and crouched down next to a wall where most of your body was hidden except for your head.
"Ahaha! That was funny Jesse and the way you fixed it was perfect!" Mimi cheerfully stated with a closed eye smile.
"Hehe, t-thanks Mimi." Jesse shyly chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.
'They seem to be getting along' you thought slightly smiling at the young couple.
'I feel like a matchmaker, I should do this more often.' You sigh as you get up and walk away.
You couldn't help but wonder how your brother and the others were doing.
'Hopefully, we'll meet someday' you thought as you continued your workout. Little did you know someday was right around the corner and it wasn't pretty...
°•°•°•°•°