Call Him Chief..

•°•°•°•

"You're alive?! How?" You stand in front of the young man in shock.
"Umm... I uh, managed to get away from the shots.." Jesse looked around the room, fiddling with his thumbs.
"Ah, that makes sense... I guess.." you knew that it wasn't the whole story but you didn't want to dig deep too soon.
"W-well we should get to patrolling.." You nod and walk to the metal doors keeping you from the outside hell.
'Damn. This would be a great escape plane if i didn't have this tracker on my gosh damn foot..'

•°•°•°•°•

You and Jesse casually walked around the empty city. It was quiet for a slight moment but then you heard a whimper.
"A-Ah! What was that?!" Jesse jumped, face growing pale.
"Don't know, but let's go find out." You mumble following the sound of the whimpers.
The whimpers lead you to a dark alleyway. In front of you laid a bloody dog. With closer inspection you realized that his front left paw was bleeding, the blood was fresh so it seems that he had just been hurt recently.
"Aww, poor baby.." you walk over to the dog, softly combing your hand through his dirty fur.
"Oh.. it was just a dog.. good." Jesse shyly chuckles, blushing at the way he jumped out of fear for such a small thing.
"Yeah, let's take him back to headquarters ." You lift the dog up onto your shoulders, Jesse stumbles at the idea.
"Wait.. w-what? Are you sure the Red Leader would allow it?" He questions, tilting his head to the side a bit.
"Hopefully..." was all you said before carrying the poor thing back.

•°•°•°•°

"Hey (Y/N)-- oH MY GOODNESS IS THAT A DOG?!" Edd greets you with a loud question, which causes the dog on your shoulders to whimper.
"Shush Edd!" You glare at your brother.
"S-sorry. Here let me help, you seem exhausted." He walks over to take the sluggish animal off your shoulders. But the poor thing doesn't let him.
"Jeez, the thing is attached to you..." he mumbles, before stepping back in thought.
"It's okay bro, can you just bring some bandages for me please?" You set the dog onto the floor, sitting down with him.
"Sure, I'll be right back!" Edd runs off the get the bandages. You sigh at how hectic this day was becoming, looking down at the dog.
"Ugh.. what should I even name you..? Should I name you? I don't even know if I could keep you or not.." all these questions go through your mind over and over again.
"How about Bob..? That name seems cool..?" The dog lowly growls at the name, you shake your head.
'Nope, not that one..' You scratch your cheek thinking of a name.
"Oh! How about Chief?" You beam at the name you came up with, perfect for a potential army dog. The dog, turns on its stomach, begging you to rub his stomach.
"Seems like you like it too. So that's settled.

"Hopefully, I'll get to keep you Chief.."

•°•°•°•°•