Wait and See

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Ever since that day, the day you've been deemed the 'member of peace' you've been drifting farther away from the red army. Of course, you visited from time to time and you were still Tord's little helper, but you weren't exactly a Red Army soldier anymore.
On this particular day, you've taken some time off to catch up on the things that were occurring in the Red Army. Of course, it was required for you to check on all Armies to see if they were each doing their part of the treaty, but you enjoyed visiting this particular Army for fun.
"Is that all sir?" You ask as you take down your last few notes in a newly designed notepad, given to you by the Peace Alliance.
"Y/NNNnnn, stop calling me that, we are equals now, plus we're not that far from each other's age." Tord whined, pouting a bit while advertising his eyes from your gaze. You giggled at him, he was always childish but today he seemed extra playful. Suspicious...
"Why are you acting so weird today? Is something up?" You inquire, stepping in front of him to stop him from continuing forward.
"Whaaaat? Nothing is up! I just... Missed you, that's all." He looked down at you, grabbing both of your hands in his, they were so much bigger compared to yours. They had scars and looked tired, all beaten, but yet, he still managed to keep them at least decent. You turned your head up back to Tord and smiled, but he was still studying your hands, he rubbed his thumbs against each finger, and lingered a bit over your ring finger.
"...Tord? Are you sure you're okay? Don't lie to me." You pushed on the subject, becoming a bit impatient and annoyed.
"Haha, sorry, sorry. I'm just a bit out of it, that's all. Let's continue our stroll, shall we?"  He smiles down at you, you hesitate for a second, not buying his lie, but you sigh and give in.
"Fine then... But tell me when you're ready. I mean it" you smiled at him, closing your eyes and touring your head. You felt at peace, everything was fine, no problems no fears.
"Ahhhh, look at the time." You mumble, looking at your watch.
"I'll be late for a meeting if I don't hurry, sorry for cutting our date short." You turn to him, holding his hand in an apologetic way.
"Don't worry sweetheart, I completely understand. " Tord smiled at you and kissed your knuckle softly, causing you to lightly blush.
"Haha! Stop that!" You giggled while pulling away your hand, you pulled him down to peck him on his cheek and quickly ran away from the scene. You waved goodbye and blew a kiss before exiting the garden.
Tord sighs deeply, finding a bench to sit on and think.
'How will I ask her? Will she even say yes...? I mean, you'd expect her to, but with the new Army she's a part of she might not have time to think about such things.'  He then fished in his pocket for a tiny velvet box he had been keeping hidden from you. When he opened it, there displayed a beautiful ring, decorated by all your favorite gemstones.
"Ah, I guess I'll have to wait and see..."
He sighed.

Wait and see...

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°