Member of Peace

•°•°•°•°•°•°
You shook yourself from your slight shock, trying to hold back your tears, blurring your vision. It took you everything not to cry that day, you had to be strong in this hell of a world...
But, you wanted to make this hell of a world at least decent, for everyone.
"...Tord stop." You glared at the man you 'loved', was this really him? Were you seeing something out of him that no one in their right mind could?
"Let these people go! Can't you see that you're causing chaos!?" You yelled, glancing at the number of frightened leaders and just a few common people who were serving at the party. None of them were different at this point, what made leaders so special? They cower in fear just like the next person and yet... They still claim to be strong and powerful.
"I- I was just trying to save you, sweetheart. " he softened under your glare, lowering his gun.
"You can't just kill everyone!! That's... That's how complications start." You walked over to Nash, helping his pale and shaking form.
"We can't continue this... All of you! What's wrong with you all? At this rate... We'll all be dead." You looked at all their faces, some looked sick and others looked down in shame.
"Ah... Truly magnificent." A voice in the back sighed. He stood up from his spot on the floor, out of everyone he seemed the calmest.
"You madam, are exactly correct." He walked over to you, offering you his hand. You hesitated, but his warm smile and bright eyes we're almost impossible to ignore.
"Um... Thank you? But what am I right about exactly? I'm pretty right on almost everything." You laughed a bit, looking at him in awe.
"I'm sure you are! Today I came with the intention to plan a mass murder." He smiled so brightly not even the stars could compare. But the words coming out of his mouth is well... Something Tord would say.
"But when I sat here listening to your speech, I understood what true intellect is." You stood in silence, feeling Tord's deadly aura on the back of your neck.
"I want you to please take this chance to become someone we've never even believed in." He started.
"Will you, become our strongest link? Our most modest member? Will you please be the first to become a member of peace." You looked at him wide-eyed. Member of peace? What exactly did that mean for you? You looked around at all the people, some stared at you in awe as if you were some type of angel. Others seemed to be passed out, from either too much food or the fear of death.
"We need someone to turn our heads right. Will you please be that person for us?" You looked back at Tord he seemed to be thinking too, you needed to do this for him and everyone like him. You needed to be there for the ones who couldn't be there for themselves...
"Okay, I'll do it." You smiled up at the man, giving him a strong handshake that seemed to seal the deal.
"Thank you, I will call for a meeting with all leaders, including, you to see how we can finally make it right." And with that, the bright man left, everyone stared at him as he left as if he was a literal God.
"Who was that...?" You turned to Tord, looking for an answer but all you got was a strong hug.
"Ow... You're squeezing me.." You laughed happy to see some regret in his choices. All you wanted to do was go home and sleep. It's been a long day, you'll ask the questions later.
"C'mon let's go back to the base." He pulled on your arm, leading you to one of the large helicopters. You looked back to see Nash looking at you leave, he seemed as if he wasn't all there. You waved at him almost in pity, you wish to next time apologize for all that had happened, maybe next time for that peace meeting? Is that what you should call it?

°•°•°•°•°
You sat in the helicopter, looking out to the world. Tord stayed silent the entire way, but he gripped your hand as if he was afraid to let go.
"It's okay Tord, we'll fix this... Together." You smiled at him, the moonlight on your elegant features. He sadly smiled.
"Why... Do you stay...?" He quietly asked. Your smile faltered, you looked into the sky for an answer.
"I don't really know, something just keeps on telling me to be there... No matter what type of shit you do." You looked back at him, he buried himself into your shoulder, got tears dampening your shirt. That day you held him, telling him it was all going to be okay.

"Member of Peace..."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°