Hoseok

"What are you doing?" I ask, crossing my arms and leaning on the doorframe. Yoongi doesn't even turn his head. He doesn't even answer me.
Huffing, I stalk into their home office and tap on his shoulder. "Yoongi-ah!"
He groans, rubbing his eyes. "What, omega?"
"You've been ignoring me and Soyeon for the last couple days. You practically live in this stupid room and I know you aren't even doing anything! Why? Why are you acting like this? D-did..." I pause, trying to calm. "Did I do something to make you angry and distant?" I can't think of anything.
     He stands up and glances at me. "We need to talk." Sighing, he walks away from me, down the hall to our bedroom. Soyeon is asleep in her little bed. I hesitantly sit on the bed, waiting.
     Yoongi paces across the room. "I got promoted."
     My eyebrows raise. "That's a good thing, right?" Why would he hide that?
    "Usually...but it's a difficult situation because it's a position I can't refuse, Hoseok."
     "Okay..." I don't understand the problem. "What's the problem?"
     He stops pacing. "It's in a different city. I will have to move. In the next couple of weeks."
     I stiffen. "H-how long have you known about this move?" I demand.
     "Almost a month." He admits.
     My jaw drops. "And you didn't think about telling me this before now? What the hell?!"
      "I didn't know how to tell you...the thing is...I'm moving." He hesitates.
     "I got that." I scoff.
      "No." He kneels beside me and takes my hands, staring into my eyes. "You aren't understanding, omega. I'm leaving. You and Soyeon are not coming with me. You will stay here."
     Silence.
     I can't speak, can't breath. Can only stare at him in shock and betrayal. He's...leaving me? He's abandoning me and his young...for a job...
     "I d-don't...I don't understand." I manage to choke out.
     He groans and gets back up. "I have to take this job. It will be too dangerous for you two to come with me. I won't be able to be around much and you and the baby will have to fend for yourselves most of the time. I can't take the risk of something bad happening to you. You will stay here because Jungkook and Namjoon will still be here."
      I feel the sting of tears trying to form but I push them back. "D-do you not want to be mated to me anymore?" I whisper, unable to look at him so I stare down at my hands instead.
     "That's not it. I do. You know I love you and Soyeon. It's because I love you that I'm leaving you behind to keep you safe. Here you have protection and support."
     I roll my eyes. "I can take care of myself." I remind him.
     "I don't care. You are my mate and my omega and you are going to do as I say. You are staying here." He demands.
     I scoff. "When has that line ever fucking worked for you with me? So...what? You just move on and leave us behind. Will you just disappear from our lives? Will you ever come back?"
     He pauses. "I plan to come back once or twice a month. I have to stay in this new location for at least half a year then if everything works out as planned, I will come back. I can move the job with me."
     I swallow hard. "Fine."
    He pauses, lifting an eyebrow. "Fine?"
    "What else am I supposed to say, Yoongi? You've already made this decision without me because you obviously don't value me as an actual equal part of this relationship. I can't stop you so there's nothing else to say. Fine. Go. Soyeon and I will be perfectly fine without you." I snap, turning away and laying down. Closing my eyes and hiding my tears.
     I wait for him to say something but he only turns the light off and walks into the bathroom. Discussion over.
     As soon as the shower turns on, I let my muffled sobs free, clutching his pillow and covering my face so I don't wake the young.
     Everything...everything we've been through together...is going to end up being for nothing? There's no way he'll still feel the same for me being gone for almost a year. There are so many better options for him out there.
     He doesn't have to stay mated to me because of Soyeon. It's not like how Namjoon and Jin suffered apart before because we will always be connected through our young.
      If he doesn't want me anymore...he now has the perfect way to leave me...for good.
     I stare at the ceiling and try to calm myself, not wanting to show my mate such weakness. He hates weakness. I've tried so hard to be what he wants of me.
     From the very first moment I woke up in his place and in his care so long ago...I've done everything to gain his respect and eventually his love.
     Maybe I'm just stupid. Maybe I'm too naive. Alphas like Min Yoongi do not settle down with docile omegas and have young. Of course he wants to escape.
     I basically forced him into this mating. Sure, he likes my body and enjoys fucking me but everything else? He hates it all. He mated me to shut me up and we both know it. I wanted more and he didn't want anyone else to have me, the possessive freak.
     He gets so angry if I talk to anyone outside of our little family here. He gets violent if anyone even looks at me too long. And yet he can just leave me like this so easily. And our daughter? She's going to grow up without an appa.
      My tears are completely gone by the time the water shuts off and the bathroom door opens. I close my eyes and pretend to be sleeping, not wanting to see or talk to him.
     I feel his eyes on me for a long moment before he climbs into bed and turns away from me.
     Maybe it's best he leaves. Maybe then he can find out what's more important to him. His work and freedom or his family. I refuse to be the one to hold him back. I won't be that person.
     No matter what cost to me.