Taehyung

It's a shock to say the least when Yoongi steps through the front door with a smile on his face. He hasn't left his office since he came back...without Hoseok.
     We all cried and lost it when we learned about Hoseok not making it. It was really really hard. Even more so for Jimin and Jin who spiraled into depression alongside Yoongi. Only their young keeping them sane with the help of their mates.
      I stop playing with Suran as another figure steps inside, clutching Yoongi's hand. No, it can't be! Hoseok.
      I scream. "Hobi!" I run up and throw my arms around him.
     He hugs me back tightly, my scream having brought everyone in the house around. Jimin and Jin immediately burst into tears and run for him, refusing to release him for a second. Yoongi won't let go of his hand. Keeps it firmly in his despite all our pushing for him.
      "H-how?" Jimin sobs.
      He smiles and looks back at Yoongi, kissing his cheek and releasing him. "I'll explain everything. I'm hungry first, though."
       Yoongi hangs back to talk to shocked Namjoon and Jungkook while I follow the others. Something is different about Hoseok.
      He smiles at me knowingly. "I'm human now." He announces, our jaws dropping.
      Jin gasps. "What?! H-how...you're not an omega anymore?"
      He shakes his head. "It was the only way to save me. I was too far gone. I'm okay now, though, I promise. Actually..." he pauses, tilting his head on thought. "It doesn't really feel any different. Obviously I can't go into a needing anymore or have any young but...but I have Soyeon already. I don't need any more."
     Jin and I drop our hands to our pregnant bellies. Jimin looking lost, himself. "Are you sure? How is...things going to work with you and Yoongi now?" I ask quietly.
He smiles. "Tae, it works the same way. I just can't get pregnant and he can't control me by that stupid annoying alpha tone anymore—not that that worked on me anyway." He winks.
"I'm so happy you're here." Jin sobs, reaching across the table to hug him again.
"Me, too. Me too." He sighs. "I'm okay now. I'm happy to be home. I missed my baby and you guys and...Yoongi, of course."
I bite my lip. "So...you aren't mated anymore?"
He frowns, twisting in his seat. "N-no but that doesn't matter. I love him, I'm in love with him and that won't change even without the mating bond." He shrugs. "I'm always his. Forever. He's mine, too. I'm never giving him up. Fuck nature."
I giggle. "Yeah, why let pesky things like nature come between your crazy possessive psycho love?" I tease.
"I agree." We look up as Yoongi walks in and crosses his arms, his eyes only for his...Hoseok.
I blush at the look they give one another and have the urge to crawl into my mate's arms and never leave. I can see Jimin and Jin feel the same as they leave the room.
I leave them to their private moment and seek out Gummie who is napping in our bedroom. Technically it's mine but he's been here, never leaving my side since Yoongi came back. He's checked up on his eomma but has always come back here for me. I didn't feel safe over there anymore.
      I put Suran in her play pen and crawl into bed with my mate. He opens his eyes with the same guilty smile he's had since we learned of his eomma's husband's crimes. It's not his fault, though.
     "I love you." I whisper.
      He pulls me into his embrace, kissing my nose. "I love you, too."
     "I can't believe he's back."
     He furrows his brow. "Who?"
      Oh yeah, he's been asleep. I smile widely. "Hoseok. He's back."
      His eyes widen comically before a huge smile breaks out. "What? Really? How?"
      "He's human now." I frown.
      "What? Wow..."
      "He says he's okay, though. It just makes me sad he can't have any more young." I hold my belly protectively.
      He rests his hands over mine. "I know, baby, but what matters is that he's home safe and alive."
     I nod, tearing up. "You're right."
      He leans his mouth down to my ear making me shiver. "Besides, It doesn't stop them from loving one another. Their love is deeper than that. Just like our love when you thought I was a human but still gave me a chance. It was all worth it. Love is more important than that."
      My smile widens. "Yeah. I was nervous being with a human but I liked you enough to look over it."
      He nods, serious. "That's right, baby. None of that really matters in the end. Besides, they already have Soyeon to complete their family. Plus they have all of us."
      "True. We'll always be around to help and support them." 
      "Mhm." He buries his face in my nape. "Everything is falling back in place. Now that Kang and that asshole I called appa is gone, we don't have to worry about being attacked anymore. They got everyone associated with that omega ring."
      I breathe out a sigh of relief, glad our future young is safe. "Yeah. I'm glad they got all those poor omegas out. It's awful and scary what they went through."
      "They'll all be helped and sent to homes across the country to help them heal."
      "Are they being turned human, too?" I ask.
      He sighs. "Probably. Unless they ask them not too but after all they've endured as omegas...I'm sure they'd want to have that part of themselves erased."
       I think...he's probably right. Who would want to be something that's caused them so much pain all their lives.