Jimin

"Jeon! Hi!"
    I peak past Kookie's arm to see two tall men walking up to my mate, smiling widely.
    He fist bumps some of them and they begin talking about work. His coworkers...
    It takes me almost an embarrassingly long five minutes to realize that he's not going to introduce me. It's like he's forgotten this is our date.
    I take a step back, feeling really small and insignificant, when one of the men notice me. His eyes appraise me with a smile. "Well, hello, cutie. Jungkook, is this your little brother?"
     My face burns with shame as my mate freezes at the question, glancing down at me. I can see hesitation in his eyes...and a little panic.
     He's ashamed of me. Ashamed to be mated to me. They think I'm his little brother...I force a wide smile and shake his hand. "Hi, I'm Jimin."
    "I'm Jay and this is my partner, BamBam." He nudges the man beside him who also reaches to shake my hand. I notice BamBam seems around my age. He's a cop so young? 
     "So what are you doing here?" Jay begins conversing with Kookie once more who hasn't said anything.
    "Um, just grabbing a quick meal."
    "Cool. Can we join? We just got off duty and are starved." He laughs.
    My shoulders slump as Kookie agrees and we all head to a larger table. I'm seated across from Kookie with BamBam to my right. Jay sits beside my mate.
     I keep my head down, upset but not willing to make Kookie mad for showing it. It's not like he can just admit he loves me. I guess...
     "You're awfully quiet, Jimin. Are you okay?" BamBam whispers in my ear as the others ignore us.
    I bite my lip, nodding. "J-just hungry." Actually I feel a little sick and want to go home. I need some space.
     This was supposed to be our night. Our very first date as not just mates but boyfriends in the human world. Tonight was supposed to make me feel loved and special. Not...not like crap and worthless.
     As the server arrives a little later with our meal, I eat slowly, barely being able to stomach anything. Very much not enjoying seeing my alpha laughing and smiling with someone else. They seem really close. Are they like this at work?
     I try to ignore the pit growing in my stomach...at least I try to until the 'accident'. It's so obvious he did it on purpose.
     Jay supposedly accidents knocked over his wine glass on Kookie's pants. I start to get up to help but I'm stopped short as Jay immediately grabs a dish rag from another table and begins to scrub his pants clean. Right on his crotch.
     And Kookie just lets him! Let's another man touch him.
    Right in front of me.
    What the hell.
     I'm done. So fucking done. Hiding my tears, I toss the napkin aside and get up, walking briskly into the bathroom. I don't even think anyone of them noticed.
     I wipe my watery eyes and stare into the mirror. Hating myself. Why am I so weak and small? I look like a five year old. I'm so pathetic. I should have known better than to really believe an alpha like Jeon Jungkook would actually want me for the long haul. Maybe I was just a temporary infatuation to him...I'm obviously not his type.
     A sob builds up in my chest so I try to calm down and splash my face with water. I lean against the sink and try to regain my composure. I want to leave.
     The door swings open and for a split second of hope I think it's Kookie but immediate disappointment sets in when I see BamBam instead.
     "Are you okay? I wanted to check on you. You seemed really upset. Do you not like the thought of your brother dating anyone?" He asks casually.
     My eyes widen in shock.
    Dating. Dating?
    "I'm not his brother." I spit out. "What do you mean by 'dating'?" I demand.
     He frowns, obviously caught off guard. "Oh. I'm sorry. D-do you have a crush on Jungkook, too? Everyone seems to." He rolls his eyes, chuckling. "He gets asked out on a daily basis at work. It's ridiculous." He laughs.
     My heart sinks deeper and deeper with every word. What? Why has he never told me any of this...
     "Jay did that on purpose."
     He nods. "Childish but he's been trying to get Jungkook to notice him for a month. He was so happy to see you guys here."
     "I don't feel good. I think I'm going to go home." I mumble. My chest hurting.
     He frowns. "Don't you need to wait for Jungkook? Isn't he your ride?"
     I scoff. Hate building up. "He seems busy. I best not bother him." I whisper. "I'll see you later, okay?"
     His frown deepens but he nods. "Do you need a ride home?"
    I shake my head, wrapping my arms around myself. "I can call an Uber."
     He nods, patting my shoulder. "Alright then. Have a good night, Jimin. I hope to see you again." He smiles. It's a nice smile.
    At least someone seems to care about me. Certainly not my fucking mate. No, he's too busy practically getting a public handjob.
     "Goodnight." I leave the bathroom and turn directly towards the doors, leaving the restaurant. How can such a perfect night be ruined so thoroughly?
     Fighting back tears, I walk out onto the sidewalk only to realize that I didn't bring my cellphone and Jungkook has all the money.
     Groaning, I try to remember the way we came and begin walking. No way am I going back in there. I don't want nor need his help. He certainly doesn't need me.
    Shivering in the growing chilly air, I set off on the long walk home. It took us about ten minutes by car to get here so I know I'll be walking for at least an hour. Who cares. Jungkook sure doesn't.