⚫08 : Gift Of A Friend⚫

Gift Of A Friend (male version) on the multimedia. Play it while reading, thanks!

_

King's POV

I jolted awake and her face is the first thing I saw. This is not my first time seeing her sleeping form but it felt different this time. I was a fool to hurt her, to almost kill her. I couldn't stop blaming myself for what happened. It keeps on playing in my mind.

They way she stares at me when I'm about to take the life out of her, it pains me. How her voice cracked when she called my name. I may be changing into monster but not my memories. I could clearly remember them all. I always feel guilty after. I always wanted to kill myself whenever that happens. I always wanted to be an ash and disappear not until she came.

Saving her that time wasn't on my list. I was a heartless pureblood kaya wala akong pakielam sa mga nangyayari sa paligid ko. I never imagine myself saving someone's life until I heard her cry that night. I never liked the sound of a crying helpless little girl, it iritates me until that 5 year old girl begged me.

She begged me for her life in exchange of something.

14 years ago...

Cloud and I are out to chase the lurking vampires in the city. Salitan kaming apat sa vampire hunting na ginagawa namin para mas mapadali ang pagpatay sa kanila at para wala nang madamay pang iba. They're few but an easy target. They are those newborn vampires who only knows human blood, like they still can't control their hunger. They're always on the run for blood.

They kill like the way we did before, we killed thousand of innocent people just to satisfy our thirst but we don't want that to happen again.

Magkaibang direksyon ang pinuntahan namin ni Cloud. Bloodlust happens behind the very calm night.

I saw someone at sa bilis niyang kumilos hindi ako pwedeng magkamali na katulad namin siya. The building is too high to even see for a normal people but with vampire's ability to see from a distance kitang kita ko ang itsura niya. I could clearly see his sharp fangs and red eyes.

Pumasok ako sa isang iskinita kung saan alam kong babagsak siya at tama nga ang hinala ko dahil wala pang ilang segundo nang tumalon siya galing sa mataas na building. Tumakbo siya ng makita niya 'ko. The way they move is like an animal. He is fast but not that fast to run from me.

I smashed him nang maabutan ko siya. Hawak ko siya sa leeg habang nakabaon ang katawan niya sa sementadong daan. It cracked.

"You stupid hungry vampire" I said in gritted teeth.

I grabbed his hair at walang kahirap hirap na inalis ang ulo niya mula sa kanyang katawan.