Chapter 1

Percy's Pov

I can't believe it. I can't believe that my friends and all the campers who knew me would betray me like this. I can't believe Annabeth would cheat on me, especially with him. Even after everything we've been through, even after I jumped into Tartarus for her, how could she do this to me???

I am in the Poseidon cabin, packing a backpack with clothes, some nectar and ambrosia and other necessities. I sit on my bunk one last time letting a single tear fall before wiping it and leaving the cabin. I reach Thalia's tree at the top of the hill, pat Peleus one last time and take one last look at the camp that had been my home and sanctuary.

Now, you may be wondering why and what led me to make this decision. I will tell you, it started three weeks ago....

Flashback

It's been two years since putting Gaea to sleep and so far there haven't been any major wars other than the occasional monster attacks now and then. The seven have separated but still keep in touch; Jason and Piper have been travelling between both camps making temples and shrines for the minor gods as he promised, and had just returned.

Frank became Praetor and is working closely with Reyna about the defense, exchange programs, and whatever else praetors do, and obviously Hazel is with them. Leo returned after three months after the war, bringing Calypso with him. Nico spends time in both camps (mostly here because of Will) and the underworld. And Annabeth and I are still dating though I've not been able to see her because I've been completing quests issued by Athena so that I could propose to Annabeth. 

3 weeks ago

I completed the quest and came back with the ring safely in my pocket. It is a beautiful silver ring with two dolphins forming a heart and an owl in the middle and has an inscription saying 'Seaweed brain and Wise girl forever' in gold.

Before I can find her, I hear a scream and rush to the borders of the camp to see a boy with brown hair and sea green eyes being chased by three hellhounds. I quickly take out riptide and run to the boy's rescue, literally, while the rest of the campers run towards the borders. I kill the hellhounds at ease and move towards the boy to enquire whether he was injured or not. All of the sudden he pushes me down and before I can say anything he shouts, "I killed those three monsters while he was just sitting on the ground and staring at me."

I was shocked by his wrong accusations but even more shocked by the response of the campers. They believed him and started glaring at me, giving me disappointed looks and badmouthing me. The only ones who believed me were Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Thalia (who was visiting along with the other hunters), Grover and Tyson (who were not present at that time as one was doing whatever the Lord of the Wild does while the other was in the forges.) Then Poseidon appeared in a flash and claimed this new kid, "His name is Nathan and he is my favorite son."

I was upset that Poseidon ignored me and somewhat unsure about how I felt about Nathan but somewhat happy to have a new brother. Let me tell you one thing, that happiness was short lived, very short lived.