Chapter 3

Previously: -

We were discussing and planning on where to go and what to do when we suddenly appeared in front of the gods.

Percy's POV

We stare at the fourteen gods who summoned us, some of who were glaring at us while others giving us pitiful looks, my father would not meet my eyes, Hades looked sad and Hestia gave us a sympathetic look, I wonder what's going on...

You may be wondering why Hades and Hestia are here... After the second war, Jason and I finally managed to convince Zeus to allow Hestia and Hades into the Olympian council. Hades' throne was made of bones and grieving souls (I think) with a place for his helm while Hestia's throne was made of wood and painted in the color of fire with a cushion. Ever since then, we have been on good terms with each other (though there never was a problem between Hestia and us)...

Me: Why did you summon us, father???

Poseidon looked at me and quickly turned away. He looked old, slumped and defeated, I wonder why... The only time I saw him like this was during the first war when he was defending his palace. I had a feeling that whatever we were summoned for was going to end badly and when I say badly, I mean ending with us getting killed...

Zeus: We have decided that the children of the big three are too dangerous and a threat to us and will be killed but...

Thalia: WHAT??

I looked at dad waiting for him to defend us (like he usually does) but he never did, he didn't even look at me. (If anything he looked even more defeated...)

Zeus: We had a vote, which ended up in a tie, and therefore the council has decided that the children of the big three will be disowned and their powers will be taken from them. It was Poseidon's idea...

Poseidon (speaking for the first time): I sorry Percy but this is the only way...

I can't exactly be mad at him when he looked so horrible. I can tell how much this is tearing him up inside. I'm angrier at the other Olympians, after everything we did for them, how could they???

Leo: Who all voted for them???

Hestia: Poseidon, Hades, Hermes, Apollo, Artemis, Hephaestus and me...

Me: But how will we protect ourselves??

Zeus: That is your problem...

Jason: How could you do this to us after everything we did for you???

Hera: This has nothing to do with you, Jason. You, Leo and Calypso may return to the camp... Only Percy, Thalia and Nico will be disowned and stripped of their powers... You and Hazel are romans so you both will not be disowned...

The Olympians that voted for us looked sad and sorry for us and glared at the Gods who were against us. Poseidon and Hades looked upset and heart broken.

Zeus: I, Zeus, King of Olympus and God of the skies and thunder, disown Thalia Grace as my child and erase all powers granted to her... You will no longer be part of the hunters.

Immediately thunder struck and Thalia fell and was caught and supported by Jason who was also glaring at Zeus. At the last part, even Artemis glared at Zeus.

Thalia: I can't believe you would do this to us...

Zeus: I'm sorry... But this is for the greater good...

Jason: Greater good, my foot!!

Zeus (boomed): Enough!!! Poseidon, continue...

Poseidon (reluctantly): I, Poseidon, God of the sea, water, earthquakes and horses, disown Percy... Perseus Jackson as my child and erase all powers granted to him...

I felt my connection to water break and also fell only to be caught and balanced by Leo. I was shocked but did not say anything because Poseidon looked like someone had stabbed him.

Hades (reluctantly): I, Hades, God of the underworld, disown Nico di Angelo as my son and erase all powers granted to him.

Darkness surrounds Nico and he falls and is balanced by Calypso. I notice Hades giving Zeus the death glare then looks sadly towards Nico and the rest of us.

Zeus: You three won't be able to use your powers anymore but that doesn't hide your scent from other monsters and you are also not allowed to return to camp either.

Me: How do you expect us to protect ourselves???

Zeus: That is your problem...

Me: If you are going to disown us and take our powers then can't you remove the scent also??

Zeus: Even if we disown you, our blood flows within you which we can't remove even if we wanted to, we can only rid you of your powers. Even if we disown you or not, it won't change the fact that you are a demigod and all demigods have the scent. So monsters will follow you, what you do or whether you live or die is not our concern.

Poseidon: This is not what we agreed on Zeus.

Zeus: Silence!!! You were the one who suggested we disown them and we did...

Hades: We didn't think that by doing that they would be in danger...

Zeus: Then do you want to kill them???

Poseidon and Hades: NO!!!

Zeus: Then shut up!! If they die after this, it only means that they were meant to die.

Both Poseidon and Hades looked like they wanted to argue but considered otherwise. We looked at each other, still weak (Nico, Thalia and me), trying to figure out what we would do.

Zeus: You six may leave, council adjourned.

The Gods started flashing out; the gods who voted for us gave one last sympathetic look and left. Hestia hugged each one of us and wished us well. Poseidon and Hades apologized, gave us a hug, wished us well and flashed out.

Poseidon (Whispered): I'm sorry Percy but I couldn't watch Zeus killing my favorite child.

Me: So now I'm your favorite child?? What about Nathan?? Why isn't he being disowned???

Poseidon: He is not even half as strong as the rest of you. Zeus doesn't see him as a threat. And he is not my favorite child, he never was.

Before I could ask anything else, he flashed out.

Nico: So what do we do now??

Me: We leave this horrible place first and then try to survive. I haven't got a better plan than that.

The six of us dejectedly left the hall room and went to the elevator and left the building. I couldn't believe that the gods would do this to us after everything we did for them and saving their skins a number of times.