Chapter 29

Percy's POV

Do you know how difficult it is to find excuses to avoid visiting, meeting or even talking to your father??? Well, I do... It is so hard, especially if you have a girlfriend who is keen on restoring a broken father-son relationship, which is exactly what my darling girlfriend is trying to do...

I am literally running out of excuses... I am busy training campers or I have to check on the Pegasus or I have to see Mrs. O'Leary since we might need her help or I have to visit the Roman camp to see whether they are ready for the war or not or I have to help with the water traps (which at first I was thankful to Calypso about, of course that was until Poseidon was bought for help... It makes me think that Calypso is on Serenity's side... Heck... I'm sure all of them are on her side...)

Unfortunately Serenity has won since I'm going to Atlantis (either at my free will or by force...) tomorrow to meet a father who disowned me, a step-mother who tolerates me (she's actually pretty sweet... and a lot better than Hera or Persephone), a half-brother who hates me (Triton) and another half-brother who loves or adores me (Tyson)... Just great!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Tyson will find out who I am, but that's just it, Tyson I don't mind but dad??? Not so sure...

Serenity woke me up early in the morning and we headed to the big house to inform Chiron and Grover that we were leaving and then headed to the beach (A/N: In case you're wondering, the traps have not been set yet since they still haven't figured out what to do...) and willed the water to take us to Atlantis...

I've not seen the palace since the titan's war when it was destroyed and looking at it now, I think it was for the best that it was destroyed cause the new palace looks much better and more protected.

Reaching the gates, we were stopped by the guards. One of them seemed to recognize us though I'm not sure how since we've never visited. Is it the cloak and mask??? Yup... I think that's it...

Guard 1: You are part of the army, am I right???

Guard 2: What business do you have here???

Does it matter what business we have here?? I mean we are supposed to be the 'champions' or 'warriors' of Chaos so doesn't that mean free access anywhere and everywhere??? I was just about to point this out when the certain half-brother who hates me swam towards us...

Triton: What's wrong??

Serenity looked at me, most probably expecting and maybe indicating for me to answer but I did the only smart thing I could think of... I kept quiet... Serenity, knowing that I wasn't going to open my mouth, sighed and spoke...

Serenity: We are here to speak with Poseidon...

Triton: Father is busy and doesn't have time for cloak wearing weirdoes...

Okay... I can take him teasing or bad mouthing me but nobody and I mean NOBODY gets to bad mouth my girlfriend. Serenity must have noticed my anger and realized that I was minutes away from killing him because she put a hand over my chest and continued speaking...

Serenity: I think Poseidon can make time for a warrior of Chaos...

Triton (realization dawning and then gulping): A what??? Wait... are you??? Oh my gods, I am so sorry!!! I will take you to him right away...

He quickly told the guards to let us pass and led the way to the throne room.

When we entered, the first thing I noticed was Poseidon... He looked horrible, worse than when he was under attack... No wonder everyone thinks that he was about to fade away... Is it because of me that he is like this???