Chapter 21

Serenity's POV

I'd be lying if I said I won... Both Watery and I rode the waves for about forty-five minutes, trying to beat each other by doing better moves and tricks than the other person. I started with a bottom turn while she did a cutback. I followed with a roundhouse cutback only for her to do a foam climb and the competition went so on. In the end she won by one point... (A/N: I just gave some random surfing tricks but I'm not sure whether the first is actually better the next and so on.)

As I was about to congratulate her, I heard a clapping sound and looked to shore to see a Cyclopes, Tyson, clapping and grinning like a kid. I could also notice how his smile didn't reach his eyes and the hint of sadness remaining there. Watery, after noticing Tyson, disappeared into the waters so that he wouldn't see her. Before she disappeared she created a wave big enough for me to ride to shore... Reaching the shore, I got out of the water, willed myself dry and walked over to Tyson...

Tyson: That was so amazing!!! What were you doing on that board???

Me (smiling): Surfing...

Tyson: What is surfing???

Me: Umm... Riding the waves, I guess...

Tyson: I want to do ride the waves!!! Can you teach me???

Me: Sure... I'm Serenity, by the way... I'm with the army...

Tyson (cocking his head to one side looking confused): Army???

Me: You were not there when we introduced ourselves, were you??? Well, long story short, there is a war coming and my army is here to help you all...

Tyson: Another war???

Me: Yes, I'm afraid so...

Tyson: Why does the water look pretty??? It's not supposed to look pretty... Daddy is sad...

Me: I made it look pretty...

Tyson (looking confused again): Are you a daughter of Poseidon??

Me: No... (I replied too quickly. I've heard what Tyson does when he finds a new family member and I'd rather not be given a death hug...) But I do have powers of Poseidon... But why is Poseidon sad???

I immediately regretted asking that question because he looked like he was going to cry...

Tyson (Looking sadly): Because brother is missing...

Me: He is just missing, right??? He is not dead...

Tyson: But brother has been missing for four years. And the last time he contacted was four years ago in a dream... He has not talk to me after that... Maybe he is dead... (Tears slipping from his eye...)

I created a handkerchief and offered it to him. He took it and wiped his tear and blew his nose and then started crying harder... I felt a bit guilty... I should have sent them dreams more regularly to show them that Percy and his friends were alive... Maybe I'll get Percy to reveal himself to Poseidon and Tyson...

Me: He's not dead, trust me...

Tyson (between crying): But how do you know???

Me: Because.... because.... Because I've met him recently...

Tyson (stopped crying and looked at me excitedly): You saw him??? You saw my brother??? Where??? When??? I want to see him...

Me (smiling): I'll tell him that and see if he will come and visit you soon... Is that alright???

Tyson (giving me a death hug (so much for avoiding it... But it's not as bad as Percy made it seem...) and laughing happily): Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

I smiled seeing him truly happy. I've decided, even if I have to tie him up, Percy will meet his brother...