Chapter 4

Percy's POV

It's been three weeks since we left camp and Thalia, Nico and I were disowned. Somehow we managed to survive, even though monsters kept attacking us, and occasionally Gods, mostly Ares, would come too. In the past three weeks we've been constantly attacked by different monsters, Ares or chased by a dozen cows, doves and plants etc.. It seems like even though the gods agreed not to kill us and only take our powers, at the meeting, some of them still want us dead.

The worst part is the dreams that I've been having recently. It didn't feel exactly like a dream though, more like something I had experienced in the past and should know or remember. Every time I sleep or even take a small nap, I have these dreams. And it is always about me (I think), a man who claims to be my father and a woman (whose face I could never see clearly), who, every time I see, makes my heart go wild. I think they are all memories from my past life or something because it seems so real, familiar and nostalgic.

(A/N: From above pic, you can see how Percy sees her in the dreams, her face is never clear

(A/N: From above pic, you can see how Percy sees her in the dreams, her face is never clear.)

Dream

It was dark all around, I was bleeding and someone, the girl, was hovering over me. She looked very sad. The weirdest part is that I felt as if I was supposed to know her. I felt that she was important and a weird feeling overtook me. My heart started beating as soon as I saw her face. I never felt this way, even half of this way with Annabeth.

The girl had tears falling down her face and onto my cheek I raised my hand and touched her face, wiping away her tears.

Me: Don't worry, I might die but I will be reincarnated and then we can meet again.

Girl: But you don't understand, he, your father is taking all your memories. You won't remember me. ( starts crying even more...)

Me: You're the goddess of power, can't you do something...

Girl: You think we'd be having this conversation if I could?? Your dad (not Poseidon) specifically said that he had something in mind for you and that I can't interfere.

Me: So that means I'll never be able to see you again???

Girl: I can't allow you to keep your memories but I might be able to make them return when you need them the most... Can I do that??? (She seemed to be asking this question to thin air..)

Then I heard a voice that I recognized as my father, or the person whose dream I'm reliving.

Voice: I'll allow it... But only when he needs you the most...

Dream ends

I wake up to stare at a realistic statue of someone. The last words keep repeating in my head. I look around to see none of the others here. We are currently hiding out, from the Gods and monsters, in Aunty Em's Gnome Emporium (Medusa's lair). I freshen up and look around for my friends. I hear whispers further ahead and follow the sound to see my friends sitting and discussing something. They look over my direction and Nico makes space for me to sit.

Me: So what are we discussing???

Jason: What we are going to do, with all the monster attacks and it's not like the gods are helping. Heck, they are trying to kill us too. It's not like we are going to survive long, even with the powers we have, which is just controlling air and fire...

Leo: Isn't there someplace safe from monsters and Gods??

Thalia: If such a place existed, then wouldn't all the demigods be living there??? Why would we bother about attacks and whatnot??

Calypso: So what are we going to do??

Me: Are you three sure you still want to come with us?? (Directing the question the Jason, Leo and Calypso) I mean you can just return to camp if you want to, it's more dangerous staying with us. The Gods want us dead, half of them at least, and won't stop until we are and if you stay with us they will kill you too...

Jason: When are we not in danger of being killed?? I'm staying no matter what happens.

Leo: Me too!!!

Calypso: I'm with Leo...

Thalia: Now that we've solved that issue, where can we go where the Gods won't be able to look??

Jason: The underworld???

Me: No, if we suddenly disappeared off the grid, the first places they would check are the domains of our fathers. And we don't want to cause any more issues between Hades and the other Gods.

Nico: Okay, underworld out... What about, I don't know, Tartarus???

Me: No way... Been there, not at all pleasant, and there are more enemies there.

Leo: What about Alaska?? You know land beyond the Gods??

Me: Maybe, if we are not killed before we reach there...

Thalia: If the Gods are hunting for us, won't they figure out Alaska would be the first place we go to?? Won't they try to stop us??

Me: We could risk it, I guess...