Chapter 40

Frank's POV

Ever since Percy disappeared I've been beating myself up for not going with him. I kept to myself and didn't talk to anyone but Hazel, Chiron, Grover and Tyson and finally the romans but that was until they betrayed him too. Annabeth somehow managed to get them on her side so I'd distanced myself from them too. Now, other than for senator meetings, I don't even talk to Reyna and the other romans.

I should have been with them. I should have gone with Percy and been there to help them but I didn't, I chose duty over my family and friends. Even though others keep telling me that I haven't betrayed Percy, I believe I have. He was the first to accept me (and he wasn't even roman) and befriended me immediately. He once told me that he was proud to have me as family but I left him alone to suffer (well, not completely alone since Jason and the others are with him but the point is I'm not) and since I didn't go with him I don't know whether he's alive or not. That's the worst punishment knowing that he could even be dead...

Ever since that day, I've been beating myself up for not going with him and that was exactly what I was doing while I walked towards the 'Chaos Cabin'.

I know Hazel told me not to worry but I am, I mean who wouldn't if your girlfriend was guided away by some guy who always hides his face??? Just as I was about to knock the door opened and out walked a cheerful Hazel (thank gods) and the same guy, who I realized was Night, who led her to the cabin in the first place.

Hazel (happily): Frank!!! We were just coming to get you!!!

Me (surprised): You were??? Why??

Hazel (looking from me to the guy): Umm... Well, there's someone who wants to meet you??? (saying it more as a question than answer)

Me (suspiciously): Who?? Why???

Hazel: You'll just have to come and see for yourself...

I followed them with my guard up. We entered the cabin (which might I tell you is huge!!!), walked past the stairs and into another room which had a kitchen and dining table with a lot of seats. There was another door leading to another room which seemed to be the living room. Another cloaked guy, Alesandro, and Serenity was there sitting, together, on a sofa. As we entered, Alesandro stood up while Serenity just kept sitting.

Ales (smiling): That was fast...

Night: Well, he was just outside the cabin...

Hazel (excitedly): Well... Tell him!!! Or showing him would also do, I guess...

Me (confused): Show me what??

Ales (putting his hand on his hood): Oh, nothing... Just this...

He pulled down his hood and I was met with a familiar sea-green eyes meeting my own making me gasp in shock. Percy??? He's alive??? Serenity snapped her finger making a huge pillow appear behind me. When I looked at her, confused, she explained...

Serenity (shrugging): You looked like you were going to faint and I'm sure you don't want a concussion from hitting the floor...

I just stared at her in shock and slowly let myself flop on the pillow behind me because she was right, I did feel like fainting.

Me (still shocked): You're alive???

Percy (grinning): Well, you wouldn't be seeing me if I was dead, now would you???

Me (getting mad and shouting): What the heck, Percy!!! If you were alive why didn't you say something!!! You could have sent another dream!!!