Chapter 25

Percy's POV

Being the second most powerful being sure has some perks like knowing the time without even having to bother looking at a watch. I woke up at about five forty in the morning and would have gotten up had Serenity not been sleeping on me... halfway on me and I didn't want to wake her up. What can I say; she is very cute when she is asleep.

I was absentmindedly playing with her hair thinking about different things, my past with her, how I regret forgetting her and wasting so many years without her. I wonder how she would have felt seeing Annabeth and me dating... Well, I actually know how she felt, she was jealous. (How else would you explain dropping a huge statue of Hera on her and terrorizing her with cows??? I mean they are a dead giveaway...) Even though there were things she did to Annabeth out of jealousy, she had also done stuff that kept us together... She once told me that it was because of her that I had my memories of Annabeth (her name), when Hera kidnapped me, and how it was not Hera's doing... Serenity had used her powers to overrule Hera's (without her knowing...) and allowed me to remember Annabeth's name.

I thought about the promise I made about meeting Tyson and dad... I'm sure she knows the reason why I'm afraid to meet them, how even though I miss them, I'm afraid that they don't care for me anymore or that they have forgotten about me or replaced me, that was also why I constantly checked to see if Poseidon has had any other demigod child after disowning me.

I felt Serenity stir and looked down to see her slowly opening her eyes and staring at me for some time before talking...

Serenity (smiling): Good morning!!

Me (smiling back at her): Good morning to you too... You'd better get up, we'll have to go to the big house soon... Oh, and it's your turn to wake the others...

Serenity (signing): When isn't it my turn??

She hopped off the cloud bed and walked into the bathroom, I heard the showers starting and within ten minutes she came out dressed in a top and jeans. She wore her cloak, without putting up the hood, gave me a peck on the cheek and walked out of the room to call the other, they like sleeping in...and making things difficult for Serenity. I smiled and walked into the bathroom and got ready myself. Even though I had a room of my own, I spent most of my time in Serenity's (whatever you are thinking... STOP!!) so my toothbrush is there in her bathroom. I prefer spending most of my time here because of all the photos and painting and of course because of Serenity herself, I want to spend time with her to make up for our lost time and I plan to do just that...

I get dressed and leave the room... I come out to the sound of grumblings coming from various rooms and then the sound of screaming "I'm up... I'm up" or "I wish you'd stop electrocuting me..." or "Why am I hanging from a vine... upside down??" and other comments and complains...

When Serenity is on wake up duty (which is almost always) and people don't get up, they'd might as well expect their worst fear staring straight at their faces or getting burnt, electrocuted, or even a bucket of the coldest/hottest water imaginable being dumped on you. Lately she has been getting more imaginative, to most... all of us that means more dangerous (Thankfully I'm a morning person so I get up early, usually at five. Unfortunately for Nico, he's not. The rest come in between...)

We were all up, dressed and ready to leave by seven. We all put on our hoods, except Serenity, and masks and head out. It was decided yesterday that while Serenity, Jason and I would go to the council, the others could roam around or start with their assigned jobs...

The three of us headed to the rec room and seeing the cabin leaders sitting around the ping pong table having Cheez Whiz, crackers, and several bottles of red wine and coke, brought a feeling of nostalgia. I miss being part of this circle, watching Grover eating the balls and being part of the arguments, screaming, shouts of opinions (I know weird things to miss but I do...) all those small things I miss them...