Chapter 26

Grover's POV

I was sitting beside Chiron and stuffing my mouth with as many ping pong balls as possible when I felt it again, a connection, an empathy link although it was very faint. But that's not possible, the only one I have an empathy link with is Percy and the last time I heard from him, it was in a dream where he said that he was safe and did not want to be found and that was four years ago. We all, that is Chiron, Tyson, Reyna, Frank, Hazel, Poseidon, Hades and I, thought that he was as good as dead since he hadn't contacted us after the first time four years ago though we keep hoping that he and the rest are still alive since they cannot be found in the underworld... Now I'm feeling a connection, that I'm supposed to only feel with Percy, and that to from the commander of the army. What does that mean??? Is Percy the commander??? That can be the only explanation, right??? But why wouldn't he reveal himself???

I droned off during most of the meeting, wondering whether it was Percy or not, I mean if it was him, he'd have told us... I kept staring at him and I think he noticed but I'm not sure since that hood covers half of his face, the only thing I can see is his mouth but I can't tell much from that. It was when I heard the word satyrs that I started concentrating. It was that girl, Serenity who was talking... Shouldn't the commander be leading this meeting??? Why is it her that's doing it??? Arg... Concentrate Grover, she's talking important stuff...

Serenity: Lastly, I'd like as many Satyrs to be sent to as many schools as possible to find demigods. I'm sure End plans on using the unclaimed ones who don't know about the gods and will make it seem as if you all are evil... We have to find all or most of them before he does...

Even though it was pretty obvious that End would go after the unclaimed demigods who don't even know about the gods, I had never thought of it... I'm sure none of the council members had...

Soon the meeting finished and I discretely whispered to Chiron asking him to stay as there was something I had to ask him and then went to confront the commander... Before they could leave, I managed to tell him that I wanted to speak to him privately. He looked at the girl and they had what seemed like a silent conversation after which the girl shrugged and walked away only to be joined by Tyson (I was pretty surprised to see Tyson being friendly with her, he has been as upset over Percy's disappearance as the rest of us, if not more...)

I motioned for the commander to sit down on a seat and sat beside a surprised Chiron (he must have thought that I wanted to talk to him alone...) I waited for the commander to say something, maybe reveal himself, but when he did not I decided that I would...

Me: Wh... Who are you???

Hurricane (tilting his head to one side in confusion): I am called Hurricane, though my team and family call me Alesandro or Ales...

Me: No... That's not your name... Forget it... Why do we share an empathy link??? I only have one with Percy???

At this Chiron whips his head from me to the commander, slowly understanding why I asked him to remain behind. He looked closely at the commander, who stared at me in what might be shock and confusion (not that I could clearly tell because of the hood) and then started cursing under his breath...

Hurricane (realizing): Oh Styx... I forgot to ask her to block the empathy link...

Me: So it's true??? You have an empathy link with me??? Then you...

Hurricane (signs, taking a quick look around and then removing his hood and mask): Yes... I'm Percy Jackson...

He stared straight at Chiron and me, both of us were shocked even though we suspected it, and then broke off into a grin... I got up from where I was sitting and ran to him and hugged him tightly...