Chapter Four

-JC-

I known Cess since forever. Hindi ko akalain na magiging magbest of friends kami until now. As the only child and heir to our multi-million business, walang time ang parents ko sa akin. I spent most of my growing years sa bahay ng mga Morales. It wasn't big as the usual houses in our subdivision but it was homey. Mang Kiko built the house with love and it feels more like a home than our mansion.

Cess and I are super close and we never hid anything from each other. Lahat ng girls na dinedate ko sinsasabi ko sa kanya and not one ever met her approval.

I just really don't know what's wrong with Cess. She's been acting weird lately. Always spaced out. Daydreaming. I hate to admit it but I know why. It was the day she met Joaquin.

I was invited in a debut party at our subdivision. Whenever they invite me, i always indicate that I'm a package deal. No Cess means no JC. Most are forced to add Cess which embarasses her to end but I insisted. Mabobore ako kung wala siya kasi I always want to hear her sing. Sobrang ganda ng boses ni niya na it always tug my heart whenever I hear her.

We attended a neighbor's debut and Cess was asked to sing during the party.

"JC kinabahan ako. What if they don't like my voice?" She asked nervously.

"You can do it Princess. Make me proud!" Sagot ko habang pinipisil niya ang braso ko.

"You may want to stop squeezing my arm as you're cutting off my circulation."

"Sorry! Ikaw kasi eh! Bakit pa ako nainvite dito eh I don't belong here!"

"You'll be fine and the band can play any song you want. Just one song and poof we're outta here." Sabi ko at hinawakan ang kanyang kamay. She has the softest hands I ever held. Hindi siya tamad pero she takes good care of herself. Hindi mo aakalain na hindi siya well off. I stared at her profile while she looks at the stage waiting for her name to be called. Napakaganda niya at suot niya ang dress na pasalubong ni mama sa kanya. My family adores her and I adore her more. Soon my princess...very soon.

We would like to ask Francesca Morales to come up to the stage to serenade us.

Nagpalakpakan ang mga tao at umakyat na sa entablado si Cess.

"Time, I've been passing, time watching trains go by

All of my life lying on the sand, watching seabirds fly

Wishing there would be someone waiting home for me

Something's telling me it might be you

It's telling me it might be you all of my life"

Lahat ng mga couples ay pumunta sa gitna para magslowdance. Yung iba naman nakatitig lang kay Cess. Iba talaga hatak ng Acean's Songbird.

"I've been saving love songs and lullabies

And there're so much more no one's ever heard before

Something's telling me it might be you

Yeah, it's telling me it must be you

And I'm feeling it'll just be you all of my life"

Habang tumatagal nahuhulog ang loob ko sa best friend ko. Titig na titig ako sa kanya nang mapansin ko sa iisang direction lang siya nakatingin. I scanned the ballroom and saw him. Cess is like singing for this guy only. I remember him. He just came from the US and his name is Joaquin Da Silva. He is 5 years our senior. I've heard he's going to study here for good. I looked back at Cess and saw that she never wavered her stare.

"Maybe it's you

(It's you)

Maybe it's you

(It's you)

I've been waiting all of my life"

I felt jealous for the first time cause I never had a competition for her attention. Is she attracted to him?

Hindi ko namalayan tapos na ang kanta at bumaba na si Cess.

"JC pupunta ako ng cr muna ha?" Tapos bigla na lang siya umalis. Susundan ko sana siya ng may humarang sa akin. Err... It's Mitch.

"JC where you going? Let's dance!" Hinala niya ako sa dance floor. The band was still playing love songs. Aalis na sana ako ng higpitan ni Mitch ang pagkakayakap sa akin. I suddenly saw na umalis din si Joaquin on the same direction Cess went.