Chapter Twenty Two

-JC-

I know nagtataka si Cess kung bakit lahat ng teammates ko nag-abot ng roses sa kanya. After ng performance, nilapitan ko siya. I feel nervous but I know this might be right time.

You know princess, I really..." Bungad ko nang nag sidatingan mga kasamahan para batiin.

"Cess, ang galing mo!"

"You're the best, Cess!"

"Pang- Regine Velasquez na talaga ang peg mo!"

"Buong basketball team ba ang nanliligaw sa iyo?"

I felt so out of place and decided to go out to wait when Mama called na ihatid sila pauwi kasi tumaas ang bp niya. Magtetext na sana ako nang tumunog ang cellphone ko. It was Cess and I answered her.

"Princess wait for me and I will fetch you. Unahin ko muna sina mama at Mang Kiko. Mama was overwhelmed sa performance ko kaya inaatake ng high blood. Antayin mo ako at may sasabihin ako sa iyo. Sige bye." I said and ended the call.

I received a text an hour after from Cess.

_____________

From: My Princess

Okay na ba si Tita? Tell her to get well! Thanks sa paghatid kay Tatay. Don't fetch me na kasi may maghahatid na sa akin. Talk to you later when I get home.

_____________

May maghahatid sa kanya? Dinial ko ang number niya ngunit out of coverage na.

I will just have to wait for her to get home then. Sinabihan ko na lang si Mang Kiko para hindi mag-alala.

Should I tell her now or wait for the perfect moment?

-Joaquin-

I'm really pissed with all these women chasing me like some celebrity. I will inform my lawyer to contact the dean of the school.

Dumating kami sa isang mamahaling restaurant.

"Uhm Joaquin hindi ako nakaget-up eh." She said worriedly while checking her outfit.

"No worries. We're both casual."

I held her hand and walked in the restaurant that we actually own.

"Sir Joaquin, good evening. " Greeted one of the waiters and directed us to the VIP section.

"So sir Joaquin, you own this restaurant?"

"Yes in fact we do and one of the perks is we can eat at peace." I answered and smiled while handing her the menu. It was a Japanese restaurant called Manzoku.

"Why Manzoku pala?"

"It's a Japanese word for satisfied and that's our goal to satisfy our customers."

"Nice! Hindi pala ako mahilig sa sushi pero I like tempura or anything seafood." She said and closed the menu book.

I ordered for the both of us and can see that she doesn't know how to use the chopsticks.

"Sorry hindi ako magaling magchopsticks eh. I'll use the spoon na lang."

"No need. I'll feed you." I happily fed her some rice and tempura when I heard a familiar female voice shouting.

"Joaquin! You're here lang pala! I have been looking all over for you!" Isang galit na Pia ang sumugod sa amin.

"Ma'am I am sorry but this occupied already." Nahihiyang saway ng isang waiter.

"It's alright. She can eat with us. What brings you here, Pia?" I asked smugly.

"Oh you're here too Cess." She was sure surprised.