Chapter Six

-Joaquin-

I hate parties. No that's a lame word. I loathe parties. Kung hindi lang nagmakaawa si Yaya Elsa na bantayan ko si Mitch, I wouldn't waste my time here. I've been hiding here at the back nursing my glass of wine and so far, no one was invading my privacy. Not to brag but I get irritated when girls and women alike vie for my attention. Hindi ako interesado sa kanilang lahat not since... May narinig akong kumakanta. Her voice... It can't be. Someone is singing It Might be you the same way my ex girlfriend Sophia sang it. I went out of my hiding place and saw her.

Nakita niya din ako at tinitigan. Tila para sa aking lang yung kanta. I can't understand it but there's something that draws me to her. She's no Sophia. Her beauty and innocence is a a breath of fresh air. Si Sophia may pagka- mischievous and she never fails to amuse me with her antics. Unlike this girl na mala-anghel ang ganda. Long black hair, thick eyelashes, adorable and kissable lips. She'll be a goddess soon and I can't wait.

Hindi ako cradle snatcher pero nahuhumaling ako sa kanya. Natapos ang kanta at nakita ko siyang bumaba at lumapit sa isang lalaki sa mesa. Nakita ko lumingon ang lalaki and well if it isn't Juan Carlos San Miguel. Wala nang ibang bukambibig si Michaela kundi si San Miguel na yan. He's from a good family pero babaero daw and I don't want my sister to get hurt. I wonder why someone like Francesca go out with the likes of him.

Umalis si Francesca papuntang restroom. Curiousity got the best of me at sinundan ko siya.

A few minutes later, lumabas siya ng restroom at tumungo sa bridge.

I tossed some mints to my mouth. This might come in handy. Narinig ko siyang nagsalita.

Who was that guy?" Tanong niya habang nakatingala sa langit. Ah! She wants to know about me.

"Looking for me?" Sagot ko mula sa mga bushes ng garden. Nakita ko ang gulat sa magandang mukha niya.

"Did I just said that out loud?" Tumalikod siya sa akin at kahit madilim nakita kong nagbublush siya.

Napatawa ako cause she's so adorable.

I saw her wobbling at tila matutumba kaya hinawakan ko siya sa balikat. She's one inch lower than me seeing those killer heels made her tall. I turned her around so I can see her face.

"Don't you know it's rude to stare although I like that you sang for me only. I wisphered. I can feel nervousness and it amuses me.

"Ah... Eh..." Nauutal niyang sagot and I smiled.

"You remind me of a siren. Singing to a sailor to meet his doom."

"I am but a mere mortal and surely will not lead you to your doom." Ah! I am glad to know she's not one of those dumb socialites.

"Yes, a mere mortal but with a voice of a siren and beauty that goddesses will definitely covet. I'm in awe of you, Francesca." I answered softly.

"Cess...tawagin mo akong Cess. Sino ka ba?" Her direct question surprised me.

"Joaquin" I replied.

"Joaquin? As in Joaquin Da Silva?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong niya.

"You seem to know me, Cess." I emphasized her nickname.

"Of course, your reputation preceeds you."

"Ah and why have you not recognized me then if you know so much about me?" So alam na niya about sa akin.

"Hindi pa kita nakikita in person, naririnig ko lang sa school. Sister mo si Mitch right?"

"Yes. I didn't expect that you thrive on gossips." She's seems like everyone else that believes the stories about me.

"Narinig ko lang okay? Now that we are acquainted maybe I can know more about you firsthand."

"You want to know more about me? What are you trying to insinuate Francesca?" Humakbang ako palapit sa kanya.

"We... You know...be friends?" She's like a prey being cornered.

"What if I don't?" I said.

"Bakit naman hindi?" Ah! Damn those pouting lips of her. I really want a taste.

I tilted her chin and she closes her eyes. I am honored to be her first kiss but she's still a minor. I kissed her temple instead as a sign of respect.

"I want us to be more than friends, Cess. I know this might be your first kiss but I will claim it on the right time. I'm no cradle snatcher. Wait for me. Until then my young goddess." I wisphered and walked away from the temptation to grab her and kiss her senseless.

I hid again at the bushes when someone called her.

"Cess"

I saw her turned and JC appeared.

"What took you so long? They're asking for another song kasi." Sabi ni JC at hinatak si Cess papasok.

That guy is getting on my nerves and I will not let him have Cess.

She's mine. I seethed and left.