Chapter Forty Five

-Joaquin-

Damn I missed her so much. The moment I heard her voice, I was surprised that she was actually there. I was so annoyed with this wedding rehearsal that seeing Cess singing there brought joy and pain. Joy that I get to see her again and pain for hurting the woman I love.

She was making ackward gestures like telling me to come and I hope no one notices. I also saw Pia playing the piano and was a bit glad that Cess wasn't alone in this. It was stupid and dangerous to come here but I am happy to know she hasn't given up on me.

The moment I was able to embrace and kiss her nearly weakened my resolve that I would gladly runaway with her but this is not the right time.

The Montemayors did not know that the guard who's watching me during the day was an NBI agent named Angelo. On the day of the wedding, the Montemayors will be exposed as authorities will make a buy bust operation. Some media networks were also standing by to broadcast on national TV about them.

I was escorted home and was locked on my chambers. Only yaya can come to my room so she can bring me food. Yes, I was a prisoner on my own home.

"Yaya, please call this number later and tell her to meet me in Pia's office at 3pm tomorrow. Call Pia too as I have informed them she will be designing my suit. Okay?" I whispered.

"Mag-iingat ka iho ha? Oh siya matulog kana." She left the room with my cellphone on her secret pouch.

I looked into the picture of me and Cess that we had on our date at the town fiesta. Just looking at this gives me hope that my plans will work so we can finally be together.

-Cess-

Hindi ako makatulog dahil sa kaba, dismaya, saya at lungkot. I feel so ambivalent na papalit-palit ako ng posisyon sa higaan. Nang papatulog na ako ay tumunog ang cellphone ko.

Aquin is calling....

Matagal ko nang pinalitan ng Aquin ang name ni Joaquin sa phonebook. It sounds like "Akin" and it's corny pero I find it cute. Nagalak ako kasi for how many months na at ngayon lang ulit niya ako tinawagan.

"Hello Joaquin!" Sagot ko agad.

"Cess iha. Yaya ito ni Joaquin."sabi ng matanda sa kabilang linya.

"Hi po. May nangyari po kay Joaquin?" Kinabahan ako bigla.

"Magkita kayo sa opisina ni Ma'am Pia bukas alas tres daw." Magtatanong pa sana ako ng nag-end call siya.

Three pm bukas kina Pia? Paranoid na kung paranoid pero dapat makasigurado ako na hindi ito patibong. Dadial pa lang ako ng tumawag si Pia.

"Good you're awake. Meet Joaquin tom at my office. Sa may dressing room kayo mag-usap para hindi makahalata yung bantay niya. Sleep tight at magkikita ulit kayo ng loverboy mo. Bye!" She ended the call after too.

Hindi ata uso ang goodbye sa kanila. Ano kaya sasabihin ni Joaquin? Mas lalo akong hindi nakatulog.

-Joaquin-

I woke up early and checked some things on my drawer when Angelo came in.

"Charlie, ito na ang mga airline tickets to London at saka mga passports ninyo." Sabi niya at inabot sa akin. Mahina lang ang boses niya para hindi marining ng isang guard sa labas.

Bukas na ang kasal kaya inihanda ko na ang dadalhin ko. I have a backpack for tomorrow and a luggage for tomorrow's honeymoon trip. Nilagay ko lahat sa backpack and ibinigay ni Angelo at saka tumayo na para maghanda.

"Sir pakibilisan lang po at aalis na tayo." Nilakasan ni Angelo ang boses niya para marinig ng guard sa labas.

Selena insisted that we visit the church and have a chat with the priest today and after that we will have separate final fittings. I convinced her that Pia will be the one to make my suit as she was not invited. I really can't wait until it's three pm.