Chapter Twenty Eight

Pia Mendoza's Risque

A Charity Fashion Show

It was the most awaited fashion show of the year. The richest familes, famous people from the entertainment industry and the press are in attendance. It was a star-studded event and Cess feels out of place but she is here to support Joaquin.

"A wonderful evening to everyone.

I give you my collection called Risque. It means to dare and defy the norm. The collection will be auctioned and the money will be donated to five chosen charities. Let the show begin."A very excited Pia announced.

Top models graced the runway and when the men models including Joaquin, the female crowd went wild.

-Cess-

"Seriously Cess... Get those hands off your eyes! Look at those abs of Joaquin."sigaw ni Pia.

"I feel uncomfortable that you are drooling over my guy like every female here. Did you actually made him wear that?!" Hindi pa rin din ako makapaniwala na topless si Joaquin at naglalakad sa runway like a real model.

"Oo naman noh! Hindi ka ba natutuwa na lahat ng babae kakainggitan ka dahil nasa sa iyo si Joaquin?"

"Unofficially mine. Pero sana wag naman topless si Joaquin. Ayan tuloy dadami naman karibal ko."Biro kong sagot.

"Risque nga di ba? For sure kahit trapo ang isuot niya bebenta pa din."

Hagikhik ni Pia.

The fashion show ended and Joaquin joined us at the table while the auction was in progress.

"Hi babe. How was the show?" He smiled seductively.

"Grabe can't even describe it. You were like a real model."

Madami ang dumaan sa table namin to greet Joaquin at pinakilala niya ako na date niya. I was dolled up by Pia and she did a good job to hide my age sa dress ko.

May isang maganda and seksing babae ang lumapit sa table namin at halatang hindi siya gusto ni Joaquin.

"Joaquin, we met again! You were sooo... sizzling tonight. Would you like to join me at the bar?"

"I'm with my date." Tipid na sagot ni Joaquin.

"Oh sorry I didn't realize you were with someone. I am Selena Montemayor." Inextend niya ang well-manicured hands niya sa akin at inabot ko naman ang kamay ko.

"I'm Cess Morales. Nice to meet you." Sagot ko naman.

"Likewise. Should you change your mind, Joaquin. You know where to find me." Pagkasabi niya ay umalis na siya.

"Nevermind her. She doesn't take rejection lightly." Sabi naman ni Joaquin.

"Punta lang ako ng restroom."

"Don't take so long." He smiled.

Pumasok ako ng restroom at inayos ng konti ang make up ko.

"Cess right?" Narinig ko na may nagsalita at nang lumingon ako nakita ko si Selena.

Tumango lang ako bilang tugon.

"Joaquin's new plaything... How do you find the world of the rich and famous? Glamorous right?"

Napatingin lang ako sa kanya dahil hindi ko alam kung ano ang pinararating niya.

"You know Cess... You don't belong here. In Joaquin's world. In our world."

"I don't know what you're trying to say and yes I don't belong here nor do I wish to. I'm here to support Joaquin and Pia. Now if you'll excuse me."

Pagtataray ko. Ano ako? Hindi lalaban sa mga matapobreng tao?

"Why you little..." Aakmang hahablutin ni Selena si Cess ngunit napigilan ni Pia.

"Selena stop. I will not let you make a scene here at my show. Cess is my guest and you should know better to treat her like that." Pagtatanggol ni Pia.

"Hmpf!"

Umalis si Selena sa restroom galit na galit.

"Thanks Pia! Mabuti at dumating ka. That Selena is so mean!" Napayakap ako kay Pia.

"Si Da Silva kasi super worried nang makita niya na sinundan ka ni Selena. Obvious na gusto niya si Joaquin kaya mag-iingat ka." Babala ni Pia.

Lumabas kami magkasama ni Pia at nakita ko ang pag-alala ni Joaquin.

"You okay? Did she do something?"

"Okay lang ako with Pia to the rescue."

"Thanks Pia. We'll head home now. Congratulations on your collection. Always a success."

"Thanks to you both! We have amassed almost a million in this collection!" Niyakap kaming dalawa ni Pia.

Pagkatapos namin magpaalam kay Pia ay may humarang sa amin na press at panay kuha ng photos.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"How long have you been dating?"

"Care to introduce us to your mystery girl?"

Dali dali kaming tumakbo papunta sa sasakyan. Panay tabon ako sa mukha ko at mabuti na lang at gamit ko ang jacket ni Joaquin.

Nang makarating kami ni Joaquin sa bahay at bumaba ako para pumasok na sa gate.

"Cess, wait..."

Tumingin ako sa kanya at inaantay kung ano sasabihin niya.

"I'd like you to know that this is the world I revolve in. I don't like to drag you in it. It's better that we..."

"Are you letting me go?" Sabat ko bago matapos si Joaquin.

"No silly. I'm not finished yet."

"Oh, sorry." Napabuntong hininga ako kasi akala ko hihiwalayan na ako ni Joaquin.

"It's better that we don't attend events like that anymore, okay? I know Pia will be disappointes but I don't want you to deal with the press and Selena."

"Ano ba si Selena sa iyo?"

"She's just a daughter of my father's business associate. She means nothing."

"Ako? Ano ba ako sa iyo?"

"You are the one I will fall in love with."

With that he kissed me on the side of my lips.