Chapter Forty Two

Sembreak ended so fast and second semester was fast approaching. Joaquin dropped out of school as he became busy with his duties as his father's sole heir and investigating about the Montemayors.

-Joaquin-

I hate business meetings. I'd rather be in school where Cess was but I had to find a way to expose the Montemayors.

"Hi Joaquin. I missed you." Selena whispered and I moved away.

"Really Joaquin... I just want us to be close since we are working together." She pouted.

"We are just business partners and nothing more." I said.

"Well, you'll never know...we might end up more than that." She slid her hands up my chest and I immediately removed it.

"We are in a meeting so stop pestering me."

"Let's ditch this and have some fun instead."

I am glad the meeting ended and I went out as fast as I can.

"You can't keep avoiding me, Joaquin. I will get you." She said loudly enough to be heard by everyone.

"Not in your life." I muttered.

I need to drive fast as I am meeting Cess today for our date. Monthsary? I am not complaining but who the hell invented that? I haven't been alone with Cess since our sembreak vacation. I miss her so much.

I saw her at the coffeeshop we frequently hangout to. She saw me and smiled.

"Hello there stranger. Is this seat taken?" I asked.

"Oh sorry but it is reserved for my boyfriend. Have you seen a tall, hunky and handsome guy?"

"Ako hindi. Kaya ako na lang uupo dito." Sabi ni Pia at biglang umupo.

"This is just the day we get to spend time alone and you get to ruin it. As always." I borrowed another chair and sat down.

"Joaquin...don't be mean." Cess said.

My phone rang and I really need to answer it.

"Gotta take this call, babe." I went outside immediately.

"Charlie, we got news. The mafia is indeed into a lot of illegal businesses. We just need witnesses and a solid evidence. Be careful. They are suspicious but we are doing our best." Then the line went dead.

Charlie is my codename from Charlie's Angels of course. This is a suicide mission. Exposing the Montemayors is like igniting a bomb to explode. I looked into the coffeeshop and saw Cess laughing with Pia. I will do anything to protect her even if my life depends on it.

-Cess-

"Alam mo nagtatampo na ako kasi lagi ka ng busy." Nasa secret place kami para walang tao masyado. Buti na lang umuwi agad si Pia kanina.

"Sorry babe. Please understand. It's for our future you know." Pinisil niya ang ilong ko.

"I don't want to be super rich. I just want us to be together and be happy." Sabi ko sa kanya.

"Me too. Close your eyes. I have something to give you." Sabi niya tapos pinikit ko ang mata ko. Naramdaman kong may ipinatong siya kamay ko.

"Open your eyes now."

Nang binuksan ko, may nakita akong star shaped diamond ring nakalagay sa isang kahon.

"Will you spend your life with me? If not forever but until eternity?" He asked and napaiyak ako.

"Hey, I was hoping for a different reaction. Like a shout for joy or a kiss but not making you cry babe." He wiped my tears but they kept on falling.