Chapter Thirty

-Cess-

It's been days since I last heard from Joaquin. It hurts to be ignored by the one you like. Laging out of coverage area and Pia doesnt even know his whereabouts.

Tomorrow night na ang prom and I'm here fitting my gown at JC's residence.

"Ma, tapos na po ba kayo ni Cess? I'm soo hungry!" Narinig kong sigaw ni JC sa labas ng kwarto ni Tita Stella.

"Konti na lang iho, okay? Dapat maganda ang gown ni Cess para bukas."

"I guess okay na po ito, tita. Thank you so much ulit." Sabi ko at inalis na ng mananahi yung buttons likod.

"You know Cess. I would really like you to be my daughter-in-law. I just wish na you'll end up with my son. Bagay kayo." Sabi ni Tita Stella habang hinawakan ang kamay ko.

"Tita...."

"You were there for him always ever since you were young. Ngayon lang ako bumabawi sa kanya to make up for the lost time na hindi ko siya naalagaan. Puro negosyo inatupag namin ng papa niya."

"I know you were doing it for his future po, tita."

"Yes because he is our only heir and I would like him to be with someone who inspires him at ikaw iyon, Cess. I feel so indebt to you for showing him your good ways at hindi siya lumaki na masama ang ugali."

"Sadyang nagmana po siya sa inyo na mabait at matulungin." Nakangiting kong sagot.

"I know about Joaquin and I hope you give my son a chance. Just an advise. Love who loves you the most. Oh siya, baba kana if tapos kana magbihis."

Nagulat ako kay Tita kasi never ko siya nakausap ng ganito or even nagsasabi na gusto niya ako para kay JC. Everyone seems to be saying that these past few days. Napansin ko na mas maalaga si JC sa akin ngayon. I've known him forever na he knows what I want, my favorite food, pet peeves and whatnot. Si Joaquin kaya? Alam niya ba iyon sa akin? Pero what bothers me most is may lihim na pagtingin ba ang bestfriend ko?

---------------

Joaquin was still in El Nido, Palawan and is quite furious that he has no signal in the island where they will be building a large hotel and resort.

"I don't know if this really a business meeting, more like Selena's vacation." He muttered to himself.

"Come hither, Joaquin. The water looks so inviting. Let's swim." Selena was wearing a bikini and was not fit for swimming but for an FHM photoshoot.

"No."

"Let's not waste our precious time together, okay? I'm sure Papa and Uncle Enrico will do fine without us." She tugged him.

"You simply can't take rejections do you?"

"In fact I do but the thing is... I want you Joaquin and I can do anything to make you mine. I'm just letting you enjoy your little freedom left." She sneered.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Joaquin grabbed her arm angrily.

"You're smart but naive. Don't you see that your family is in dire need of money?"

"What makes you say that?"

"Uncle Enrico lost his shares that's why my father is helping him. Show some grattitude shall we?"

"You're a liar. I'm flying back now." Joaquin turned and left.

"You'll be mine soon, Joaquin. Money can't buy love but I can buy you." Selena laughed.

The Da Silva family was bankrupt without Joaquin's knowledge. Little did he know that his was the bargaining chip of his father to gain their losses.